Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm new to this feeling of being heartbroken. I think I was always on the other side. This time I felt as if I met the man of my dreams despite our differences. Things were tough being in an interracial relationship, especially since his mom was against me being African American. I still loved him. I thought he loved me too. We dated about a year... He moved in for 6 months. Back in November we were discussing my graduation the next month in December of 2011. He always belittled college education, but he was working towards having better feelings about it (he claim he was never able to go). After he met my family on Thanksgiving, we broke up within the next few days. He claimed so many different reasons, I honestly don't know what to believe. Overall, I'm sure us moving away so I can go to graduate school had a lot to do with it. He told me he didn't want to try again because he don't want to leave the city. He turned into someone I've never knew. He is white, but he turned into an hood like African American using terminology with friends that he never used (to my knowledge) and even doing rap music. Now it's January and he's dating someone else. I called him on his birthday in December (despite the pain I felt for our separation) My graduation was the 16th and he was there when I struggled and spent long nights (some nights he helped me) to graduate with two degrees so it meant a lot to me. He never called or acknowledged that day. My birthday was a few days afterward, nothing again. It's now the 21st of January and I'm still crying writing this thread. I know that I'm worth more. Why can't my heart feel that way. He told me we didn't have like goals and I overheard him tell his female best friend that they had 99.9% like goals (not the female he is dating now). I've been keeping busy to keep my mind off of him, but when a song come on or tv show depicting great relationships... I think of all the positive memories we had... not what he did to me... I need something to pick me up. I've never hurt so bad. It hurts more knowing that a part of him was everything I ever wanted in a man. I guess that was the fake part of him. How can I better deal with this? It's like I'm battling with myself. The strong part of me just want to say F him and move forward then the weak part of me just want to hug him until I feel better... no words... I don't know what to do or how to get over him... I have been second guessing that he even cared for me although he have played the part so well... Help me dry my tears. Please. I don't want to feel this way anymore. My heart must not comprehend or understand English because I tell myself over and over that I deserve better and he is not worth all these tears :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
There is no easy way to get over someone that you love. Keeping busy and enjoying life is the best way, have you been out with friends?? if not try it have a laugh, spend more time with your family keeping in mind that whn you are with them you still have a life without him and he is not worth it. There is no easy way of getting over him try having a holiday with frieds or family getting away does help sometimes, also when you do think of the good times just think that he is now with someone else so if he can move on so easily so can you. Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Reaching out to others on this forum is already a huge step. I applaud you for that.

I always tell myself that I would only be with someone if they want to be with me. If for any reason my husband decides he doesn't want to be with me anyone, despite my love for him, I promise myself that I would let him go.

As difficult as it is, don't contact him. Let him believe that you've moved on.

Here are some things you can do:
1. Listen to inspirational music. My favorite is "Hero" by Mariah Carey.
2. Exercise
3. Volunteer
4. Read other people's post on this forum and responding to them about their situations.
5. Continue to believe that true love really does exist.
6. Appreciate the things that you still have. Smell the roses. Look for the beauty in things.
7. Take it one day at a time.

Good luck to you. We are all here for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.