Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My H and I have been discussing visiting our family that lives 2500 miles away over the holidays. We disagree about leaving our adult children (ages 21 and 20) home over thanksgiving. Is it right to leave them out and with no family or should we go?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
8,908 Posts
My H and I have been discussing visiting our family that lives 2500 miles away over the holidays. We disagree about leaving our adult children (ages 21 and 20) home over thanksgiving. Is it right to leave them out and with no family or should we go?
Posted via Mobile Device
What do the adult children want?

C

·
Registered
166 Posts
Adult children?

At that age, you have a son/daughter but you no longer have children.

Ask them about it. Personally, I think it would be bad to leave your immediate family on a holiday to visit a more remote branch but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Adult children?

At that age, you have a son/daughter but you no longer have children.

Ask them about it. Personally, I think it would be bad to leave your immediate family on a holiday to visit a more remote branch but that's just me.
While I think it's nice to see what their opinion is, I also think it's important to keep the family together. Personally, I think you should not leave them at home and all of you should go visit the extended family that lives far away.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
My kids are 23, 21 and 18 and I do everything I can to try to include them in every holiday. I would however probably draw the line at paying thousands of dollars for plane tickets for them. I would definitely invite them and try to help them get their own tickets in whatever way I could, but that's just out of my budget. If they COULD get their own tickets I would probably make sure they had accommodations, I could probably afford a hotel room for them if I needed to.

But yeah, you should ask them what they want to do and go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.