Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not used to saying what's on my mind. According to my husband I am a B--ch. I am having issues with his family. I don't fit in anywhere and I never have.....not even with my own family.

I am not comfortable with my husband's family... they have brought me down for the few years before my husband and i have been married....20 years this June. I know my husband would be so upset with me for being on this site but I really need to vent.
I don't fit in and never have. In the past I was never good enough for him. We married against his family's wishes and we now have three children, 18, 17 and 13. My husband works hard but so do I. He is up at three thirty in the morning and works till five in the evening. I am up at six but don't start work till ten in the morning. We live out of town and travel a lot to and from work every day. I don't get home till nine every evening so it is stressful for me as well. House work is mine as well as dinner however late it is... laundry and my ocd with the house.....I don't get to bed early. I always hear how my husband keeps everything going and how hard he works and how early he wakes up and yes, I know and appreciate all of this but hey, What about the rest????? Where does everything else come from?????? I always tell him how much I know
how hard he works and everything but guess what??? I'm not a machine. I am burnt out and tired of hearing about what his family expects. How do i make him see that I love him but don't want to live my life around his familY? My sister in law has a great job but is not working because she is pregnant and is going to take the one year off as well come April. My in laws are all over her thinking that she is so put out with her job.....please, I know what hard work is all about. My problem is with my husband..... he sticks up for her all the time. I feel like a piece of crap next to her even though our lives have never been so cushy so to speak. I have never complained about life but I have said things about my sister in law. She is a Princess, can't do anything, always thinking everyone else has to be at her beck and call. This is not me. My husband hates this of me and calls me a *****, he lives for his family. Hey, I think I am what I am and I happen to hate princesses. We work hard so why is it that we're always the black sheep? Why do I hate my husband so much for sticking up for his family that they are soooo great and I am a piece of crap? I am always the harsh one and he says that I have too much testosterone...wtf. I am me and all I want is to live a normal happy life.... with lots of sex , so is this too much to ask?

·
Registered
850 Posts
No it is not too much to ask but life is tough at times.

You may find it gets easier in a little while when the children are a little older.

I do hope so

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
What does his family to specifically to YOU? Do they talk bad about you? I'm not getting it from your post.

He loves his family even if you don't. That will not change.

Stop complaining & talking bad about them to your husband. Today.

Your life will be easier.

I despise my SIL. I complain about her to everyone (lol) except my Brother.

Life is very stressful when both parents work full-time with 3 children. Can you work part-time?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.