Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
12,614 Posts
I spent my first Christmas alone. I stayed in my p.j.’s all day and ate ice cream for breakfast and binge-watched some Netflix shows I’d been meaning to get around to. Then I took a long nap and ate more ice cream. I was living in the city then and took a nice walk around. Then I ate more ice cream. It was actually a lovely day and I greatly enjoyed it. By the time my child and grandchildren were back in town I was rested (and full of ice cream) and ready to enjoy my holiday with them. The first holidays and birthdays after a divorce are not easy. Do what you wish to do and don’t do anything you don’t wish to do. Most of us have been in your shoes. It gets better. Much better

· Premium Member
12,614 Posts
Thank you, I'm just here appreciating being in my own company. That part of NOT DOING ANYTHING I DONT WANT TO DO! I have been invited to a few dinners but I don't want to go and I don't have to!
Yes, that feeling of freedom is priceless. I was married for a very long time and during those decades I did many things that I didn’t want to do because … marriage. When I decided to get a divorce I promised myself that those days were gone forever. And they are. Now it’s all about what I want to do and when I want to do it. I finally have peace in my life and I wouldn’t trade it for any other life than the one I have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts