Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing comments about people who have successfully caught their WS with VARs and that is so PI cool. Out of curiosity, anyone with a VAR success story: how long did you have to use the VAR before you got your evidence? Was it one you kept in the vehicle or hidden in the house? :nerd:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I put one in my Ex's car. It wasn't the smoking gun evidence I was really looking for. I planted it after their sexual affair was over, but they were still talking on the phone quite a bit. The conversations I got were clearly friendly, but it wasn't clear that they were sexually intimate I believed his lie that it was an EA, until I found a hotel receipt marked CASH in his briefcase.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Frankly, it is not PI cool.

I used a VAR. She found it every time that I put it in the house.

She never found it in the car and I caught her having sex in the car.

I will reiterate what weightlifter has warned and I will paraphrase what he has said in the past, "DON"T LISTEN TO IT. GET SOMEONE ELSE TO LISTEN TO IT"

It was February 2013. My wife said she had to work on a Tuesday to make up for what she did not finish on Monday. I have been to where she worked as a hairdresser in a nursing home. I sat with her while she worked as she would ask me to come to work with her and I would if I had the time. I saw her appointment book many times and she would have me fill out appointment cards for the nursing home residents. She never once came in to do hair on her off days, never. She stayed till she was finished, and if a resident missed their appointment it would have to wait till her next scheduled work day and she had set days that she worked.

So when she told me she had to go in on a Tuesday to make up for Monday, it made no sense to me, so I put a VAR in her car that morning.

Listening to that recording still lingers in my mind, they had sex three times, in about 2 hours or so in our Jeep Grand Cherokee, in parking lot at a community park, near where the XOM worked.

Sorry if I come across as a little peaved, but it is not PI COOL, it was and still is mental h*ll, just being reminded of it.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Median is a week or so.

Note. It is for getting ahead of the cheater and not for court room. It's not admissible the vast majority of the time.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Median is a week or so.

Note. It is for getting ahead of the cheater and not for court room. It's not admissible the vast majority of the time.

In my state it was and still is illegal to record a person without consent. If I am present I can record without the other person being told. If I am not present it is not legal.

Having said that, I had an attorney friend warn me about it and I could have cared less.

In my state, if my wife would have made an issue of it, then it would have been admissible and she did not want to go there, per her attorney. My attorney was hoping she would make a case of it, because it would have been transcribed into the record, and my attorney's advice was that the judge would not have made a big case of it, concerning me doing something illegal. My attorney knew the judge (we only had one judge who presided over these matters).

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
In my state it was and still is illegal to record a person without consent. If I am present I can record without the other person being told. If I am not present it is not legal.

Having said that, I had an attorney friend warn me about it and I could have cared less.

In my state, if my wife would have made an issue of it, then it would have been admissible and she did not want to go there, per her attorney. My attorney was hoping she would make a case of it, because it would have been transcribed into the record, and my attorney's advice was that the judge would not have made a big case of it, concerning me doing something illegal. My attorney knew the judge (we only had one judge who presided over these matters).
Most of divorce has little to do with admissible evidence and more calling someones bluff or using "the truth" to get a deal done it seems.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I keep seeing comments about people who have successfully caught their WS with VARs and that is so PI cool. Out of curiosity, anyone with a VAR success story: how long did you have to use the VAR before you got your evidence? Was it one you kept in the vehicle or hidden in the house? :nerd:
I had one on the land line in the house.

I suspected something going on, an EA. I actually caught the the affair just before (the night before) it was going to be a PA because of the VAR.
she was setting up a date with OM for the first time, using her toxic friend (which knew about the EA) as a cover to go to dinner her when it was to be with OM at his house.
The toxic friend is completely out of the picture now.

did full exposure (except our son) It killed the affair.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Frankly, it is not PI cool.

I used a VAR. She found it every time that I put it in the house.

She never found it in the car and I caught her having sex in the car.

I will reiterate what weightlifter has warned and I will paraphrase what he has said in the past, "DON"T LISTEN TO IT. GET SOMEONE ELSE TO LISTEN TO IT"

It was February 2013. My wife said she had to work on a Tuesday to make up for what she did not finish on Monday. I have been to where she worked as a hairdresser in a nursing home. I sat with her while she worked as she would ask me to come to work with her and I would if I had the time. I saw her appointment book many times and she would have me fill out appointment cards for the nursing home residents. She never once came in to do hair on her off days, never. She stayed till she was finished, and if a resident missed their appointment it would have to wait till her next scheduled work day and she had set days that she worked.

So when she told me she had to go in on a Tuesday to make up for Monday, it made no sense to me, so I put a VAR in her car that morning.

Listening to that recording still lingers in my mind, they had sex three times, in about 2 hours or so in our Jeep Grand Cherokee, in parking lot at a community park, near where the XOM worked.

Sorry if I come across as a little peaved, but it is not PI COOL, it was and still is mental h*ll, just being reminded of it.
I agree with Thorburn, and I am sure anyone who has actually had to buy and plant a VAR for this purpose felt sick to their stomach. Listening to your life falling apart is NOT PI COOL, it sucks.

·
Registered
13,981 Posts
I caught my STBXWW screwing the OM on its first use. She's quite pissed at me for spying on her and still periodically chews me out for doing it. Oh well.
Yeah, because HOW DARE YOU do anything to uncover the truth w/ respect to why your wife of 20+ years is all of a sudden pushing for divorce w/o providing any sort of tangible reason w/ respect to why.

·
Registered
13,981 Posts
I caught my STBXWW screwing the OM on its first use. She's quite pissed at me for spying on her and still periodically chews me out for doing it. Oh well.
Oh, and by the way, @Bananapeel... if you're looking to shut this down, something like this may help...

"Look, unless you want me to bring up the fact that you lied about wanting a divorce but there being no one else ALONG WITH the fact that you brought another man INTO OUR HOME and f*cked him, you can just shut the f*ck up. Your lies and the truth go hand-in-hand, and if you're dead set on bringing up the measures that I was forced to take in order to uncover the truth with respect the impending implosion of our marriage AND the resultant disruption to our children's lives, I'll return the favor and throw both your lies and your unrepentant slorishness right back in your face."

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Oh, and by the way, @Bananapeel... if you're looking to shut this down, something like this may help...

"Look, unless you want me to bring up the fact that you lied about wanting a divorce but there being no one else ALONG WITH the fact that you brought another man INTO OUR HOME and f*cked him, you can just shut the f*ck up. Your lies and the truth go hand-in-hand, and if you're dead set on bringing up the measures that I was forced to take in order to uncover the truth with respect the impending implosion of our marriage AND the resultant disruption to our children's lives, I'll return the favor and throw both your lies and your unrepentant slorishness right back in your face."
I like this very much

If it is too long you can just use the bolded part

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had almost immediate success (if you want to call finding out your wife is cheating a success) with a VAR. My first wife used our landline at the house. Never her cell. I just connected the VAR to the incoming phone line and I could record any incoming or outgoing call. I just downloaded to my computer. I found out on the second day that she was having an affair, had had an affair the previous year, and that her 2 best friends were cheating on their husbands as well. Lol. Using the VAR, I was always one step ahead of my ex. I paid a visit to the boyfriend and that affair ended. To this day my ex doesn't know how I got all my info. I have 5 good friends who are cops. One is a detective. She thinks it was one of my friends who either tailed her boyfriend or got all my info. I only actually told one of my cop friends. He told me it wasn't admissible in court. But then he told me he wished he'd had a VAR when he suspected his ex of cheating.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I couldn't tell you the brand or anything. It's been over 7 years. That thing is long gone. Bought it on some spy gear website. Easy to install. Phone line came into the house to a splitter, I guess you would call it. I disconnected the incoming phone line and connected it to the VAR. From the VAR I connected a small phone line back into the splitter. Anytime a call came in or went out the VAR was activated. I connected the VAR by USB to my computer and the software to listen to conversations and to store them were downloaded. Pretty easy. Funny thing is, early on my ex suspected I was recording her. I actually heard a conversation between her and one of her girlfriends while she was looking for a recording device. My ex was never tech savvy.

After my divorce from my first wife, we "reconciled" for a couple months. I used the VAR again. And within 2 months found her cheating again. Some people, it's just in their nature.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Using the VAR, I was always one step ahead of my ex. I paid a visit to the boyfriend and that affair ended. To this day my ex doesn't know how I got all my info. I have 5 good friends who are cops. One is a detective. She thinks it was one of my friends who either tailed her boyfriend or got all my info. I only actually told one of my cop friends. He told me it wasn't admissible in court. But then he told me he wished he'd had a VAR when he suspected his ex of cheating.
This is what you want. Let them assume that you must have had a PI investigating them and it will make them crazy wondering what you know. Telling them your methods and all that you know does them a huge favor. With that they can better tailor their story and know where they are safe.

RULE: Never tell your methods or all that you know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The device that ClairesDad used probably plugged into the incoming land line telephone box outside of the house. There's a receptacle or two in there for the telephone linemen. This sort of interception outside of the house is likely not possible with telephone systems that use something like VOIP. Although surely there must be something that would attach to the dsl modem in this case.

I'm tempted to get a var just for the purpose of recording conversations with my wife. I want to listen to the craziness that goes on sometimes (not all the time, just sometimes) to see if it sounds as crazy later as it does in the moment. I saw some at Amazon that are the size of a USB memory stick, and were only about $25.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
I had almost immediate success (if you want to call finding out your wife is cheating a success) with a VAR. My first wife used our landline at the house. Never her cell. I just connected the VAR to the incoming phone line and I could record any incoming or outgoing call. I just downloaded to my computer. I found out on the second day that she was having an affair, had had an affair the previous year, and that her 2 best friends were cheating on their husbands as well. Lol. Using the VAR, I was always one step ahead of my ex. I paid a visit to the boyfriend and that affair ended. To this day my ex doesn't know how I got all my info. I have 5 good friends who are cops. One is a detective. She thinks it was one of my friends who either tailed her boyfriend or got all my info. I only actually told one of my cop friends. He told me it wasn't admissible in court. But then he told me he wished he'd had a VAR when he suspected his ex of cheating.
Gawd. It's an epidemic. Gotta say, I really enjoy being divorced and single. How can you ever trust anyone?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.