Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont care if you want to be serious or joke around or revengeful, I was wondering what the other women and men in here are thinking of doing for valentines day.

I know I should get my CH something because the kids are wondering already, what is mommy getting for daddy. He has already talked to them about what he wants to get for me.

I cant get him a card.. what would it say? I love you so much you cheating prick? I used to love you, but now you make me sick? I hope we can work through this like a fairy tale and live together and be stronger? Crap I dont know..

Shall I buy him a voodoo doll complete with pins already inserted?
My mind goes to other places but I wont type those out incase we end up in court one day and he finds this site...

I even thought of flying his OW in to town for the day setting her up in a hotel room, with a red bow and saying - happy valentines day... just to see the look on his face and to see if he would turn around and walk away with me or go into the room..... I know sick - but my mind is running wild.. its been 3 weeks exactly since the day I found out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tell him that you are not doing anything and it is all on him. If he wants to make things right, time to step up to the plate. And if the kids ask tell them its daddy's turn this year. Just my thought and that's exactly what I told the wife.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
30,641 Posts
I dont care if you want to be serious or joke around or revengeful, I was wondering what the other women and men in here are thinking of doing for valentines day.

I know I should get my CH something because the kids are wondering already, what is mommy getting for daddy. He has already talked to them about what he wants to get for me.

I cant get him a card.. what would it say? I love you so much you cheating prick? I used to love you, but now you make me sick? I hope we can work through this like a fairy tale and live together and be stronger? Crap I dont know..

Shall I buy him a voodoo doll complete with pins already inserted?
My mind goes to other places but I wont type those out incase we end up in court one day and he finds this site...

I even thought of flying his OW in to town for the day setting her up in a hotel room, with a red bow and saying - happy valentines day... just to see the look on his face and to see if he would turn around and walk away with me or go into the room..... I know sick - but my mind is running wild.. its been 3 weeks exactly since the day I found out.
Send him these:-

Roses are red,
violets are blue,
you're a cheater,
but I sorta still love you.

Roses are red,
violets are blue,
Sorry! No kissing!
Don't wanna catch an STD from you!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Ah yes, Valentine's day! A day when lovers express their love and devotion to each other with bouquets of roses and delicious chocolate confections.

Such a wonderful day indeed.

NOT!!

Valentine's Day will forever be tarnished by the fact that my ex (or her thoughtful attorney) chose that day to file for divorce.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
A valentine heart torn in pieces like a puzzle and a note: "when you glue this back together see if it looks anything like the original."

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Well, before kids, my stbxw and I would go out - sometimes stay downtown in a hotel. Now, I've got two daughters so it's always been a big thing for me to get all three gifts and cards. I always get the most sappy cards I can find and it's turned into sort of joke. I usually cooked something for dinner. Then my stbxw and I would "go to bed" early and we would go out some other night. It was fun until my stbxw decided that it wasn't. One less gift this year!

They're at my stbxw's next week, but I am taking them skiing for the long weekend (Family Day here). We're leaving early Friday - so hopefully my stbxw will see fit to allow them to stay here Thursday night. Of course, she probably won't out of spite.

So for this year, hoping to celebrate with my daughters and then pack the car up for an early start the next day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of my kids that knows whats going on around here said - Lasagna MUM cook that for all of us, and a cake or desert.. then you can do a group thing for the family.. ( I make it from scratch and they always love it.. I may just do that instead of doing an individual thing)

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
That isnt a bad idea..
LOL
You could tear one and glue it yourself. Note inside

"Because I love you
I mended this one
You've got work to do."

·
Registered
16,572 Posts
Nothing really planned here until such time that the divorce is finalized. I'd greatly speculate that it will just be another contented evening alone to tune in to ESPN and watch NCAA basketball, accompanied by a strong margarita in hand!

·
Registered
41 Posts
hmmm ... just realized it was close when I read it on here. Guess I should get my head out of the FOG.

Since it's all his money anyway maybe me and the kids could do an arts and crafts and make him something. How about a "cheat" sheet and laminate it in the shape of a heart.

Seriously, my heart's not in it to give him anything. And the kids are too young to know or care. We're in the midst of trying R -- well, he's trying anyway. I really don't give a **** anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
LOL...I'll let ya know next Friday. It will be the first one since Dday last March 6th. 11 months ago today.
Dig, gotta say - there's a TON of strong, and I mean STRONG guys here. But bro, you're one of the strongest. A smoke-snortin', hoof-stompin' bull.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Since it's all his money anyway maybe me and the kids could do an arts and crafts and make him something. How about a "cheat" sheet and laminate it in the shape of a heart.

Seriously, my heart's not in it to give him anything. And the kids are too young to know or care. We're in the midst of trying R -- well, he's trying anyway. I really don't give a **** anymore.
LOL your sense of humor is a great asset. Chin up!

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Dig, gotta say - there's a TON of strong, and I mean STRONG guys here. But bro, you're one of the strongest. A smoke-snortin', hoof-stompin' bull.
LOL! Thanks, brother. I'm humbled reading that - especially knowing what other people have gone through.

Now...I think I'm gonna take Regret upstairs. :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
LOL! Thanks, brother. I'm humbled reading that - especially knowing what other people have gone through.

Now...I think I'm gonna take Regret upstairs. :D
Can I watch...

HEY its been 2 months for me.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I can only hope this date on Friday makes this women so crazy over me she wants to do something on V Day. I doubt it, but would be nice to be out on V Day while the stbxw is at home with the kids.

I just hope she is not retarded enough to put something out that this OM gives her.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
H2H
A lil tip for Friday's date. Keep the bitterness to a minimum. Don't talk about your wife unless in response to specific questions. If asked, don't hide or minimize, but don't elaborate or berate.

Make the evening ALL about "getting to know you". You have great compassion and good communication skills. Put them on display.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.