Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...my H is oviously trying really hard.....He has never ever celebrated Valentines day before...always complained that it is a wasted day to make money.

Many of you know the story of us. Hes 800 miles away working right now and has been since June 2012..

He just sent me Chocolate covered strawberries in a vase with a card attached that said some very very meaningful stuff that speaks to my heart.

Hes staying at an extend a stay, but has not changed his address. Hes never been into cards.....that isn't his love language.

It seems hes gotten much better at this meaningful stuf than I have. I don't know what to do other than a card.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Ok...so.... chocolate covered strawberries and a note have you changing your mind from "I'm divorcing him! I've had enough!" to "Awww what should I get him last minute for Valentine's Day?"... Blue...I have no idea what you should get him. Well, I have a suggestion, but since you flip-flopped back to wanting to rug sweep everything, I won't say my suggestion. By now, I would think you'd have SOME idea of his likes and dislikes... go with that if you are so inclined to get him something.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
I don't get it - yesterday you were divorcing him. :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

And you've posted several times he's cheating on you

Why don't you post the whole true story somewhere and keep it together so people can tell what's really going on?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Things will only get better if you are honest with yourself. I didn't realize you cheated in the relationship as well until reading another one of your threads yesterday.

Until both A's are dealt with properly, you will continue in this toxic relationship you call a marriage.

TAM can help you but you need to be HONEST and be prepared for some harsh advice.

My ex and I both cheated in our marriage. Its either something you learn from and make the relationship stronger or rug sweep and never move on from it and eventually divorce.

You can't let your guilt of your affair be the basis to accept what your H is doing to you. You BOTH need to accept responsibility and put together a plan for R if thats what you BOTH want. It is completely ok to divorce too.

Divorce is better than the toxic environment you are in right now, IMO.

ETA: Don't let FEAR keep you in this state of limbo hell...change is not a bad thing in life

·
Super Moderator
30,609 Posts
OK...my H is oviously trying really hard.....He has never ever celebrated Valentines day before...always complained that it is a wasted day to make money.

Many of you know the story of us. Hes 800 miles away working right now and has been since June 2012..

He just sent me Chocolate covered strawberries in a vase with a card attached that said some very very meaningful stuff that speaks to my heart.

Hes staying at an extend a stay, but has not changed his address. Hes never been into cards.....that isn't his love language.

It seems hes gotten much better at this meaningful stuf than I have. I don't know what to do other than a card.
Any ideas?
Craft Beers. And chocolates. Oh, wait! That's what I would want!:rofl:

Mind you, maybe your husband is the same?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.