Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@Openminded- funny how his true colors really show now. Makes it that easier to be pissed off and eventually delete him off Facebook.
It takes me awhile to figure out the bad ones. But I do let go
I just wish one would stick.
I don’t need a man, but I want one.

It gets worse as I get older and my son doesn’t need me as much.
When I did see teacher, it was fun to look forward to going out and conversing and the sex too. It was nice having a partner. He’s stupid if he got rid of me to go get online and screw a new girl? I’ll never under stand this phenomenon

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@Openminded- funny how his true colors really show now. Makes it that easier to be pissed off and eventually delete him off Facebook.
It takes me awhile to figure out the bad ones. But I do let go
I just wish one would stick.
I don’t need a man, but I want one.

It gets worse as I get older and my son doesn’t need me as much.
When I did see teacher, it was fun to look forward to going out and conversing and the sex too. It was nice having a partner. He’s stupid if he got rid of me to go get online and screw a new girl? I’ll never under stand this phenomenon

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Good Ridence turkey.....

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
After I posted this teacher texted. I texted him last week. I guess if he would’ve told me that we were moving fast we could’ve taken a break. So I’m done. I’m givjng him his stepping back space.

Here’s the text-
So you still pursued him AFTER he made it crystal clear he wasn't interested?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I didn’t pursue him. This was after 2 weeks of us parting ways. Why shouldn’t we be friends? I known the guy a year before we even dated.
We were friends before. He wasn’t some one and done dude I picked up at the bar. We work for the same school district

So yea I was/am a little thrown of by his wanting to take a step back from friendship text.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I didn’t pursue him. This was after 2 weeks of us parting ways. Why shouldn’t we be friends? I known the guy a year before we even dated.
We were friends before. He wasn’t some one and done dude I picked up at the bar. We work for the same school district

So yea I was/am a little thrown of by his wanting to take a step back from friendship text.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I guess it's just different for him.

It was fun while it lasted, but it's not what he wants....and he thinks it will be weird or awkward right now.

If you talk to him at all, you come off as stalky and clingy.

Let it go. Not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I guess it's just different for him.

It was fun while it lasted, but it's not what he wants....and he thinks it will be weird or awkward right now.

If you talk to him at all, you come off as stalky and clingy.

Let it go. Not that big of a deal.
I agree with this. If you tried to maintain at least the friendship, for him it felt weird to be friends after dating you. Maybe now he doesn't want to deal with you at all and you might have come off as needing his presence desperately in your life, if you insisted on being friends with him.

Thank God he was upfront about his feelings and didn't mislead you. I think it's sufficient to not consider him anymore, nor for friendship nor for dating.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I guess he’s right when he said in his text- sure we can meet and chat but it’s too soon. We got intimate and did things and discussed way more than just friends do.

Not that it would be awkward, but it would be hard to sit and talk with him and not cuddle up like we used to.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I’ve gotten a few good responses, but most have been- directed at me like I’ve done something wrong to cause this. It does take me time to get over someone/things.

I’m not being clingy or psycho to him. Do I think he’s a bad guy? No. But I do think he has things going on that he won’t talk about.

I feel he’s open to friendship one day and I will welcome that because we were a fun and had lots in common type of people.
He even said how I got him and his sense of humor.

I am sad and I don’t feel sorry for it.
I know y’all are trying to help and not come across as harsh, but sometimes I take it that way.

I’m just trying to figure out things and I’m finding out that sometimes you will never know.

Sue

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Sorry Sue but does ( all the eggs in one basket) do anything for you. You lower you " want to get her status " I think humans really sometimes want what they can't have.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

You did pursue him Sue. You contacted him. That's pursuit. He was very blunt with you in the text when he told you he didn't want to see you anymore, you shouldn't have contacted him at all.

I know it's hard but you've got to start respecting yourself more, don't chase men who don't want you, they're getting in the way of the one who's waiting for you.

·
Super Moderator
28,476 Posts
Sue give on up church guys...they have no personality...date a pagan
Really? No. Not really.

But thanks for insulting every church going male and every pagan on TAM.

You imply church going males have no personality and that pagans probably don't take their religious beliefs seriously.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Really? No. Not really.

But thanks for insulting every church going male and every pagan on TAM.

You imply church going males have no personality and that pagans probably don't take their religious beliefs seriously.
Matt i was joking i am Roman Catholic (truthfully i question all religions but i do have my faith)

·
Super Moderator
28,476 Posts
Matt i was joking i am Roman Catholic (truthfully i question all religions but i do have my faith)
Just making a potentially hurtful statement without qualifying it as "humour" really doesn't help. :) See how easy it is to do that? :rofl:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts