Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a previous thread a couple years ago i posted about my wife having an affair with a lesbian coworker. I gave myself a two year timeline. If two years had past and the affair was still the number one issue in our marriage and my life I was going to end it. She ended up moving out exactly one day before the two year mark. I told her a month before i just couldnt do it anymore.

My suggestion to people going through the same thing is try to give it some time if the WS is willing to reconcile. She was great the first year of reconciliation. The second year it went down hill and she wanted all her freedom back. Including going out drinking with friends and crashing at their place. It got to the point it just wasnt worth worrying about what she was doing anymore. It all came to a head one night when she called me a psycho for being upset that she spent the night at a friends that was also friends with the girl she cheated on me with. I told her she needed to move out and ill will take care of the divorce. I havent looked back since.

Honestly the last two years being single has been the best years of my life. I feel like a free man. I have dated here and there, but have no desire for anything serious.

All in all im glad I gave the marriage a chance, i have no regrets. I know I would regret staying with her if i had. Lay some ground rules for your reconciliation. Also establish a timeline. Dont look back ten years post affair and wish you would have got out while you could. There is light at the end of the tunnel either way.

·
Premium Member
15,783 Posts
In a previous thread a couple years ago i posted about my wife having an affair with a lesbian coworker. I gave myself a two year timeline. If two years had past and the affair was still the number one issue in our marriage and my life I was going to end it. She ended up moving out exactly one day before the two year mark. I told her a month before i just couldnt do it anymore.

My suggestion to people going through the same thing is try to give it some time if the WS is willing to reconcile. She was great the first year of reconciliation. The second year it went down hill and she wanted all her freedom back. Including going out drinking with friends and crashing at their place. It got to the point it just wasnt worth worrying about what she was doing anymore. It all came to a head one night when she called me a psycho for being upset that she spent the night at a friends that was also friends with the girl she cheated on me with. I told her she needed to move out and ill will take care of the divorce. I havent looked back since.

Honestly the last two years being single has been the best years of my life. I feel like a free man. I have dated here and there, but have no desire for anything serious.

All in all im glad I gave the marriage a chance, i have no regrets. I know I would regret staying with her if i had. Lay some ground rules for your reconciliation. Also establish a timeline. Dont look back ten years post affair and wish you would have got out while you could. There is light at the end of the tunnel either way.
You gave her more chances than she deserved.

Am glad you are out from under her spell. And away from her spiel of Bull Spit.

I suspect your description is way shy of what she was really up to.

She will be happy with her life, until she falls flat in her fifties. At that point she will be too jaded with what's left in front of her.

Reactions: jlg07 and 71bgol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You gave her more chances than she deserved.

Am glad you are out from under her spell. And away from her spiel of Bull Spit.

I suspect your description is way shy of what she was really up to.

She will be happy with her life, until she falls flat in her fifties. At that point she will be too jaded with what's left in front of her.
Not that it matters anymore, but im fairly confident nothing else was going on after. It was just the issues she had respecting our agreed boundaries. Her friends house she stayed at knew about the affair and was pissed at both of them. She actually talked to me on the phone about it for a good hour. Like I said though, it doesnt matter anymore.

Im glad I am away from her BS as well.

She is NOT happy. She didnt want to sign the divorce papers and has contacted me numerous times asking to try and work things out, even after the divorce was final. She has also text me randomly at night and said she took all her sleeping pills, and that I killed her by leaving her. I just called the cops and sent them to her apartment. She did the same thing again a few months later. I just forwarded the texts to her sister and didnt reply. Glad I dont have to deal with her anymore. ITs honestly weird we were ever married. Shes also gained 50 pounds since the divorce. She realized everything she lost too late and has gone off the deep end. Sad

·
Premium Member
15,783 Posts
Very sad.

The grass is not always greener. There are weeds everywhere in life.

·
Premium Member
15,783 Posts
Sometimes a ho-hum marriage is better than a couple-times done, affair wreckage.

Reactions: Young at Heart

·
Registered
12,452 Posts

That's one way of looking at it, for others it looks like 2 years wasted.

And I am sure if we went to you old tread people told you, you will be right here.

Don't take her back if she comes back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's one way of looking at it, for others it looks like 2 years wasted.

And I am sure if we went to you old tread people told you, you will be right here.

Don't take her back if she comes back.
People told me 2 years would turn into 5, then 5 would turn into 10. Pretty much that i would be miserable forever. I dont regret the two years. If i could go back though, I would have ended it right away.

So I guess my advice should have been, as soon as someone betrays the trust just end the marriage. In my opinion it is never going to work out. There are so many other people out there for you. Also, there is nothing wrong with being alone.

·
Registered
12,452 Posts
People told me 2 years would turn into 5, then 5 would turn into 10. Pretty much that i would be miserable forever. I dont regret the two years. If i could go back though, I would have ended it right away.

So I guess my advice should have been, as soon as someone betrays the trust just end the marriage. In my opinion it is never going to work out. There are so many other people out there for you. Also, there is nothing wrong with being alone.
I guess we just won't see it the same. I see time as very limited on this earth and your ex seems like a jerk (to be nice), I don't see any benefit on wasting time on jerks. Doesn't seem noble or even like love to me.

Reactions: 71bgol and Numb26

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry man but there will never be an established timeline with me, I am no cuckold. My ex learned that the hard way and I learned there are better women out there. There's no way in hell I'm wasting a day of my life, let alone 2 years. Just think of all the hotties you missed out on in that time...

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is what your two years of effort to reconcile have bought you - No regrets.

You are completely right in that once the trust is broken there

You have identified truths so many fail to appreciate.

Without trust there is no marriage. A broken trust will always remain just that - broken. Yes the marriage should have been ended sooner. However, you have no regrets for leaving the marriage because for two years you made an effort to repair the damage she caused. As a result when you decided to leave your ex had no leverage or means to guilt or manipulate you into staying married. There are so many other people out there for you. You can build a future with many other women provided any of them is willing to respect you and work with you to build a future together. Being alone is not a curse or a burden it is freedom.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
You did what was right for you. Never second guess what you did.

Glad you are enjoying life again.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I guess we just won't see it the same. I see time as very limited on this earth and your ex seems like a jerk (to be nice), I don't see any benefit on wasting time on jerks. Doesn't seem noble or even like love to me.
In my case, I didn't even waste 2 days. I got out and stayed out

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry man but there will never be an established timeline with me, I am no cuckold. My ex learned that the hard way and I learned there are better women out there. There's no way in hell I'm wasting a day of my life, let alone 2 years. Just think of all the hotties you missed out on in that time...
I meant an established timeline for someone that is going to try and reconcile. I get what you are saying. I think it also depends on how far the affair goes and in my case the sex of the AP. No way would i try to reconcile if she was getting it from some other dude.

Ive made up for what i missed out on during those two years. Right now im just content being alone. I dont want to deal with the stess of a relationship. Everyone wants to move so fast these days as well. No one is content just dating.

·
Registered
15,792 Posts

Or..
One and done. Life is short. 😉

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Most will wallow in these things but from what I’ve seen you just waste life you can never get back.

Life is pretty precious but at the time you don’t realize it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts