Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we see so often the disasters and train wrecks, I just wanted to post an update on our situation.

My other half (CrashandBurn) and I are doing well. We're communicating better than I can ever remember in our marriage. During the holidays, we've had visits from both the daughters (19 and 21 yo) and it was really wonderful to be a family and enjoying each other's company.

The support and advice from people here has been absolutely invaluable and I just cannot thank you enough.

·
Registered
423 Posts
So glad to hear it! Keep up the good work, both of you!

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Red, I'm glad that you and Crash are at a place that gives your relationship a chance to really blossom. I hope Crash continues to develop his talent. It takes time for things like that to take off. And even if it doesn't become a multinational enterprise, he can find fulfillment in his work.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Awesome. I think you guy are great. I wish all good things for the both of you.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks - he's definitely continuing and has a show coming up in the spring that we're pretty excited about as well as a feature upcoming on an internet tv show.

It's definitely a work in progress but worth every effort.

·
Registered
116 Posts
just wondering how long did it take to get to this point ??

its been 2 yrs since i found out about EA

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Red,
What in your opinion is the major contributing factor in R?

AU
He and I were really good friends for years before we ever became romantically involved. It took me a while to pull my head out of my behind but I finally came to realize not only was I losing my husband, I was losing that friend as well.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just wondering how long did it take to get to this point ??

its been 2 yrs since i found out about EA
It's been over 16 months since D-Day. That said, we did everything wrong so this process definitely took a long time. I'd say that the solid process of R really began about 4 1/2 months ago.

Reactions: Acabado

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Just now discovering your threads. Just want to say I admire all the work and effort you have put in to rebuilding the marriage. Even though it hurts me to read what WS's have done to their families (and themselves) I really respect people like yourself who put in so much work to rebuild. You are both lucky people.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Red,
Very good to hear. It makes me feel more comfortable about the R process my wife and i are in. Thought it is all very fresh for me, we are working together good and i know we'll have bumps along the way, but seeing that you and Crash are in a very positive place gives me a lot of hope.

Hope all continues to go well! You both deserve it!!!

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for the well wishes. I'm still awed and amazed by his love and hope to continue to be the wife he deserves to have by his side.

His texts to me today (he's out of town) were sweet and filled with the love I thought I had destroyed. The one thing that stands out the most is him telling me that he knew he was important to me even when I had forgotten.

He's right. I know this is part of why I come back here. I hope and pray that there are other people I can help through this disastrous experience.

Reactions: Acabado

·
Registered
90 Posts
Amongst all the heartache on here it really does me good to see that there is hope. I am very happy for you both - I hope you continue to go from strength to strength.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Okay, I have to admit, I've never been betrayed but, Stonewall, what mind movies can a BS have from an EA? They didn't actually do anything physical. Would it just be the pictures or ??

Red, has your H had mind movies?

Genuinely curious.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not sure about mind movies. He's never described that to be honest. He has had bad days in the past where he remembers the pictures that were sent.

I do make sure to take things a lot further and raunchier with him than I've ever done/been with anyone else so I think that's definitely made a big difference.

I'll definitely make sure to keep an eye out for it though. I tend to be pretty sensitive to his moods so when he's seeming down or upset, I turn up the attention to him as much as possible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.