Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my other threads, I've talked about my man not having self esteem, not making decisions and not playing an active role in either his own life or our marriage. I've got some news I'm just bursting with and a hope I haven't felt in ages, so I thought I'd share it here.

Our two core issues are his lack of self esteem and the endless string of going-nowhere jobs that barely pay the bills.

He called me today to tell me that he got a big raise. That's great, I'm thrilled. But what came next is even better! He got offered, after only three months of working there, a management position.

Now, I know it could go either way - a guy like him with no self esteem will either crash and burn or, possibly, start to see himself in a better light.

But you should have heard him talking! I heard a light in his voice I haven't heard in years. He actually *talked* to me - we never talk about anything other than our days, surface stuff that's meaningless. He talked about God and how he thinks this is coming from up above.

Know what else? He initiated getting off the phone with me instead of waiting until I said it was time to go. Small beans for some, but it's a step in the right direction.

He's still thinking about whether or not to take the job, but I think he'll go for it. Like I told him, he may not be coming home right away, but nothing's permanent and it will look great on a resume if he stays there for a while. It might be what he needs to find a good job back home.

Oh, and Thundarr, he is reading No More Mr. Nice Guy. I hope that helps too. At least he's reading it!

I'm feeling so optimistic right now. I shouldn't get my hopes up, but all of these baby steps are taking us the right way. :smthumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.