Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been unhappily married for almost 6 years now. Im just fed up with hubbys inability to provide for me is the last straw.Im starting to resent him for it.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Provide such as??

Alot of money, a big home, a new car, new big screen TV

Love, intimacy, support?????

If you're looking for material things, do you work?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Can you give a little more details about your situations? Are you venting or do you want input that may help you with your situation? Also, what is your husband not providing?

My post count when I made this post...

·
Banned
1,809 Posts
Leave him. I am so tired of women complaining about how unhappy they are in their marriages.

Just leave him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Unhappilymarried9

sometimes life is hard.
and it is even harder when you cant find support.
your husband is borrowing money for what?
does he buy things for himself only or for home?

can you support him by work.

can you talk to him about it and find a solution together.

marriage is sharing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Im not able to work right now. Im in college right now and will graduate in june. Hopefully will be employed by this summer.Im unable to do physical labor jobs thats why I went back to college to get training in a non physical labor job so I can take care of myself. Whenever he gets in a finacial bind he borrows money from his parents and is unable to pay it back. My inlaws are the type to black mail us and hold it over our heads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
as I wrote before im unable to do physical labor job that why I went back to college to get training. right now the jobs I could get it right now is physical labor job which im INCAPABLE OF DOING.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
There are lots of jobs that don't require physical labor. Why can't you do physical labor?

Does your husband borrow money to pay living expenses & bills or for gambling or drugs or big cars?

Did he agree to support you financially while you go to school?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not easy as your stating. I have been applying and trying to get a non labor job for 3 years now and no luck. They all say you have to have more training and thats why I went back to college to get the training. I can't do physical jobs cause of a physical disability and the state says its my hubby job to support me so no help from them. Yes my dh promised to support me til I finish college. But my dh always breaks his promises to me over and over again. Im not just a money hungry wife looking for someone to support me. Im doing the best I can with the limitations I have.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I have been unhappily married for almost 6 years now. Im just fed up with hubbys inability to provide for me is the last straw.Im starting to resent him for it.
So what's your plan? I say your plan because you can only change yourself and your response to him and what he's doing.

What do you want to do about your resentment?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
It's not easy as your stating. I have been applying and trying to get a non labor job for 3 years now and no luck. They all say you have to have more training and thats why I went back to college to get the training. I can't do physical jobs cause of a physical disability and the state says its my hubby job to support me so no help from them. Yes my dh promised to support me til I finish college. But my dh always breaks his promises to me over and over again. Im not just a money hungry wife looking for someone to support me. Im doing the best I can with the limitations I have.
Try to get Social Security Disability from the Government not the state. My friend is getting it & her husband's huge paycheck is not a factor. It is free to file for & if you get turned down, you can hire a lawyer at no cost until the case is settled.

What promises are your husband breaking? Is he not providing you with shelter, food & clothing? Who pays for your tuition, transportation & books?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My plan is to finish college and get a job. I will be supporting myself. Im stuck in the mean time.I have no idea we have tried everything to help our martial problems including counseling twice . He promises he will change and never does.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
My plan is to finish college and get a job. I will be supporting myself. Im stuck in the mean time.I have no idea we have tried everything to help our martial problems including counseling twice . He promises he will change and never does.
Well follow your plan and good luck to you. If you've tried all you can to keep your marriage on track and it's still not working, it's best to move on. Maybe once he sees you getting ready to leave he'll actually make changes for himself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.