Talk About Marriage banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,”

Yeah, because there's no such thing as a joke. And obviously, if Trump wanted to invite the russians to hack emails, he'd do it in a public speech, not covertly. That was clearly him giving them instructions. If you listen to all his speeches, and play them backwards, you can hear the coded instructions to russian agents. It's so cunning, hiding them in plain sight like that in a public speech and disguising them as a joke. Although he can't be cunning because he's also insane. Perhaps that's why he does it.

I think if the NYT "sometimes makes mistakes" this may have been one of them.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
mattmatt:

Here's the story you requested.
Russians attempted hack of clinton servers the same day DJT asked them to: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-russia-emails-hack-clinton-same-day-mueller-2018-7
I don't know why Russia would want to go to all the work to hack Clinton's computer when they could have simply bought that info from the Chinese. I mean why re-invent the wheel.
Seriously, I kinda doubt Trump's tongue n cheek statement caused Russia to jump up and put their hackers to work. Be like someone saying, " Maybe Russia can hack in and get Trump's tax returns" causing Russia to try it.

·
Super Moderator
11,685 Posts
If it was not a joke, DJT has cemented himself as the wiliest troll the planet has ever seen.

That said, I still struggle with whether he is viewed by his opponents as inept or crazy like a fox.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,148 Posts
If it was not a joke, DJT has cemented himself as the wiliest troll the planet has ever seen.

That said, I still struggle with whether he is viewed by his opponents as inept or crazy like a fox.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Neither. All they care about was that he beat Hillary when it was her turn!

·
Registered
632 Posts
mattmatt:

Here's the story you requested.
Russians attempted hack of clinton servers the same day DJT asked them to: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-russia-emails-hack-clinton-same-day-mueller-2018-7

The servers they attempted to hack were Clinton named servers. These weren't secret or "illegal" servers in any way. Or, at least, the story doesn't indicate the targeted servers were improper in any way.
Bet they had a lot of luck locating a server that had already been taken off line. It was already public knowledge that the server had been taken down and been cleaned at this point. That's why it was a joke. Clearly made as if they could search cyber space and find the deleted e-mails. The server had been bleached in March by her IT aide. Those cunning Russians who handed the election to Trump went looking for an e-mail server that the public already knew was no longer in service??

Even in Comey's non indictment he stated that foreign actors had already likely gained access to the server while it was still being used. So the likely choices are China or Russia. Why would Russian agents try to hack into a server that was already off line that they had already hacked into when it was still on line.

·
Super Moderator
28,148 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ask an easy question and you shall receive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/us/politics/trump-russia-clinton-emails.html

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said, referring to emails Mrs. Clinton had deleted from the private account she had used when she was secretary of state. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

As it turns out, that same day, the Russians — whether they had tuned in or not — made their first effort to break into the servers used by Mrs. Clinton’s personal office, according to a sweeping 29-page indictment unsealed Friday by the special counsel’s office that charged 12 Russians with election hacking.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/us/politics/mueller-indictment-russian-intelligence-hacking.html?action=click&module=inline&pgtype=Homepage

The indictment revealed that on July 27, 2016, Russian hackers tried for the first time to break into the servers of Mrs. Clinton’s personal offices. It was the same day that Mr. Trump publicly encouraged Russia to hack Mrs. Clinton’s emails.

How the hell would they know that, seeing as how Hillary refused to let the FBI get physical access to her servers???!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm sure you don't. Who's going to believe the newspaper with the most Pullitzer prizes of all time? Psshh. Couldn't journalism themselves out of a paper bag. It's not like they actually provided a link to the government indictment or anything. Sadly, I don't have a Breitbart link for you.

We don't need them. We have you to vet our news.

Geee...didn’t they win a Pulitzer on their reporting that refuted Stalin’s starvation campaign against the Ukrainians? You know...the 10 million Ukraine deaths that apparently didn’t happen. Or their deliberate attempt to squash the stories on the systematic slaughter of Jews during WWII? “Paper of Record” my ass!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't know why I torture myself to keep looking at this thread... but here I am.
@MattMatt : We've been talking about the New York Times. Your article you reference is about someone who works for The New Yorker. It's a completely different company.

I really don't enjoy being a factchecker for this thread. But it's just impossible to get anywhere when not even the basic facts are understood.

·
Super Moderator
28,148 Posts
I don't know why I torture myself to keep looking at this thread... but here I am.

@MattMatt : We've been talking about the New York Times. Your article you reference is about someone who works for The New Yorker. It's a completely different company.

I really don't enjoy being a factchecker for this thread. But it's just impossible to get anywhere when not even the basic facts are understood.
You are quite right. I apologise for my error.

What was weird was that I already knew that as I had previously covered the story in another context, but was momentarily confused. :D

41 - 50 of 50 Posts