Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm doing a school project to do with the physiological effects of different marriages, Basically can Any one provide me with the lo down of transgenders marriages, Finding it hard to find anything good about marriage of a male and transsexual female(Male genitalia), for example where is it legal(country or state or anything
Thanks in advanced :smthumbup:
Sorry If I misspell anything

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Most of them will only be short term. In my area there are many transgendendered... and like gays, often they do not have long term relationships, you will be hard pressed to find a transgendender marriage that has been long term anywhere.

You may try vermont and calif areas as if your into that lifestyle, that is where you would move to.

·
Registered
98 Posts
From my own experience (which is why I chose to reply to this specific thread) Transgendered marriages are no different than anyone elses marriages. The only difference is how the other person feels about their partner (which if they don't feel like it's good they wouldn't be in the relationship to begin with!), and sometimes societies ignorance. Because you realize some transgendered people can't afford to get an operation, where they are may not be legal for them, and the steps can become too complicated. It also depends on a lot of other things.

If you're interested in transgendered you should also just google that and you'll find an entire culture that is based on transgendered, and may even learn some interesting positive history about them. Once you get passed the negative hype that is up there and get to some open minded articles which state the truth without too much bias.

As for how successful or not successful a gay/transgendered marriage is. Most marriages in general today aren't successful. Most people today go through many marriages and divorces. It's not a trans/gay thing. It's an everyone thing.

I would recommend the movie TransAmerica which you can rent, but that is just about a Male-To-Female(MTF) who finds out she has a son and that talks about some things that you have to go through to even get the surgery done, and the emotions surrounding it. And I'd also recommend the movie Normal from HBO. It's about a guy who shocks his wife of 25 years by telling her (and his grown kids) that he has always felt like a woman and wants to be one, and that he is unhappy in his body. It tackles a lot of issues in todays society. So if you can't find that movie here is the synopsis (but the movie's better): HBO Films: Normal: Synopsis

If you want a gay movie "If these walls could talk 2". There is also a book I really enjoy about a girl who has two mothers, and she goes on a search for her father only to find out when she returns home empty handed, from her mother that her other mother is her biological father. And to me that is a transgendered marriage.

I'm sure many people might disagree with that, but I connect with that on a personal level so here is the book. "Girl Goddess #9 by Francesca Lia Block." There are a lot of short stories there, and I think only one is like that but flip through it till you find it (if you can get it at a library or look through books.)

Overall books and the library may be your best interest. And also joining a community or visiting a community where there are more people who may understand your questions first hand and not based on personal opinions surrounding it.

I think if there is open honesty, if you go into a relationship knowing what you're going to get (and almost nobody ever does), if you sign up for that it's easier to accept. For other people grounded in their beliefs, and for people who don't discover their transexuality until they are much older after a relationship has already been established with children. Then some people may throw away those beliefs for love and others may keep them.

You will find more on MTF's than FTM's. However I knew a lesbian couple where one of them wanted to be a male. They had been together for a long time. I don't know if they're still together now, we were never friends but there ya have it!

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
From my own experience (which is why I chose to reply to this specific thread) Transgendered marriages are no different than anyone elses marriages.
Being I worked in community health, I would not say they are like any other marriage because I actually know several through my work and the community centers as they would often come for health concerns.

Far as I'm concerned, it is an un-natural state and against Gods laws. Besides that on a personal note, I noticed how extroverted and attention seeking the personality of the transgenedered.... and their partners. If this is normal, I'd hate to see what your idea of attention seeking, confused and conflicted are.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am very aware of your opinion Preso.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No! Preso my opinions aren't from a movie. My opinions were already set based on a situation that is very personal to me. The movies just display on screen what some people go through. There is another movie that I was just thinking of now that I want to recommend. It didn't have a happy ending. It's called "A Girl like me: The Gwen Araujo story." Which is based on a real story.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
You should work in a community health center for a couple decades and see what its really like, not the hollywood version.

hahaha !!!

When you assist to pull gerbils out of the rectum or peanut butter jars, you may feel differently about how normal they are.

hahaha !

ps..........
I wish I was still young enough to know everything !

·
Registered
98 Posts
Additional to Temp (if your project is still going): There are also transgendered documentaries that I would recommend that could help you.

And here's a link called Transgender Marriage Resource Page: Transgender Marriage Resource Page

I am guessing if this was your topic and you googled it you may have already come across that link. I have not really looked at it just found it when I did a google search just now. Google Transgendered Marriages. See what ya get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.