• Independent!

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Traditional!

Votes: 20 57.1%
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Oh yeah my wife was also happy for me to do rat exclusions and minor carpentry until I fell off a ladder.

I bought a mamba bag for boxing practice in the yard last week and she said NO. She said I couldn’t use it until the doctor cleared me. She was on a phone call for work and I said, “I’m going to go outside and setup that bag.” She didn’t say no (was on the call). When she finished the call I was in the middle of round three. She came outside and said, “YOU’RE BAD!”

Traditional gender roles affirmed. Man does something stupid and gets yelled at.
Hmm....this sounds real familiar.....

·
Premium Member
22,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
My wife uses me for jar openings. I recently was trying to get a champagne cork out and it wouldn’t go. I twisted it in half with my bare hands. She looked at it and was like “um…”. So a jar? Pish posh…

However… Mrs recently bought one of those rubber grippy things and now sometimes she can open her own jars. Technology is the equalizer.
The memes are hilarious 😅

Sleeve Gesture Font Happy Advertising

Glasses Hairstyle Vision care Happy Headgear

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
On a serious note, my view of a traditional wife is from culture (Donna Reed, Mrs. Cleaver) and from relatives. My grandmother was completely lost when my grandfather died. She did not know how to drive, never balanced a checkbook, never paid a bill, etc. She cooked, cleaned, raised kids and grandkids, treated Granddad like a king, etc.

From my teen years, a woman who was competent, adventurous, had a mind of her own and stood up for herself was always attractive. When I was deployed, I knew my wife could run things without me present. I tease her about being bossy, but she knows I love her how she is. She knows where the line is with me and I do lead on most things.

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
Pfft. That's one thing I don't need a man for.

Here's a secret.... Just run hot water over the lid and seam. It'll twist right off.
My oil painting teacher when I was a kid would open my linseed oil jar. She was an old lady. She’d tap the lid on the edge of a table. I still do this with stubborn ones.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My wife uses me for jar openings. I recently was trying to get a champagne cork out and it wouldn’t go. I twisted it in half with my bare hands. She looked at it and was like “um…”. So a jar? Pish posh…

However… Mrs recently bought one of those rubber grippy things and now sometimes she can open her own jars. Technology is the equalizer.
My mum bought me one of those rubber grippy things.

Shhhh... Mrs.CC... it also helps to use a bottle opener under the edge of the lid to break the seal first.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts