• Independent!

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Traditional!

Votes: 20 57.1%
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,139 Posts
There you go. My wife asks for spider kills and smoke detector changes. I’m like, “Show me where it is baby I will take care of that for you.”
That's because you are ALWAYS bartering away everything for sex, isn't it?:LOL:

·
Premium Member
17,139 Posts
No you don't but others feel different. Probably tmi but seeing my wife bent over in seamed stockings and tight black panties and asking repeat asking to be spanked is a major turn on.

Each to their own D7 but you do seem to come over as someone's maiden aunt.
Smarmy, rude and insulting. She's one of the small percentage of people on here in a happy marriage, so she's doing something right.

Reactions: Works

·
Registered
9,865 Posts
It's true. If they're truly independent, why would they stay with a childish man who WASN'T capable of doing his part without nagging?
You are assuming that the Harpy has a real reason to nag or is just an insufferable hen who is never happy.

Mostly it's the second kind.

·
Premium Member
22,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)
You are assuming that the Harpy has a real reason to nag or is just an insufferable hen who is never happy.

Mostly it's the second kind.
Unless a man can do everything that TikTok husbands and boyfriends do all around the world for their partners, regardless of what he does for her which are seen as mere "expectations", then he's not good enough 😅

It's not enough that you respond to me within the hour each day, when you F up even by 1 minute prepare to get nagged.
It's not enough that you listen attentively and get me whatever I want no matter the price, that's the bare minimum.
It's not enough that you spent the effort to wrap up the presents and got me multiples, the card was not handwritten.
It's not enough that you pick me up everyday, you need to show up to surprise me randomly and with gifts.
It's not enough that you take me wherever I need to go, you need to offer to do that for me without me asking.
It's not enough that you help out cooking and cleaning, you need to surprise me with a meal out of the blue.

I don't care about what you do for me when I ask, those are just my expectations. I don't care about what the late night runs to find pills for the period pain, any man would do that. That does not show me that you love me. It's all about initiative and effort, this is what boyfriend A does for his girlfriend, that is what boyfriend B does for his girlfriend without them asking. This is what I see from TikTok and what my friends boast to me about and expect for you to up them so I can boast back.

Guess I'm too childish to have a relationship! :LOL:

·
Premium Member
22,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Honestly looking back I still remember ex-wife switched to a more traditional mindset with our daughter, and it was my fault that I did not appreciate it. I still don't. I just lost respect for her.

I still have it hardwired in me to go for more independent women. If I was a different man maybe my love life could have been different. I probably wouldn't have divorced in the first place. But hey, just my experiences and thinking out loud.

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
That's because you are ALWAYS bartering away everything for sex, isn't it?:LOL:
Haha I do hate changing the 9V. I can never get the damn thing back on. With one of them it was peeping at 2am and I literally destroyed it. I took the battery out and somehow it was still peeping so I took it to the garage and smashed it with a hammer into little bits. I think it had a backup internally or something, no idea…

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
Oh yeah my wife was also happy for me to do rat exclusions and minor carpentry until I fell off a ladder.

I bought a mamba bag for boxing practice in the yard last week and she said NO. She said I couldn’t use it until the doctor cleared me. She was on a phone call for work and I said, “I’m going to go outside and setup that bag.” She didn’t say no (was on the call). When she finished the call I was in the middle of round three. She came outside and said, “YOU’RE BAD!”

Traditional gender roles affirmed. Man does something stupid and gets yelled at.

·
Premium Member
17,139 Posts
Haha I do hate changing the 9V. I can never get the damn thing back on. With one of them it was peeping at 2am and I literally destroyed it. I took the battery out and somehow it was still peeping so I took it to the garage and smashed it with a hammer into little bits. I think it had a backup internally or something, no idea…
I hate those. I have had dogs who would go crazy if one was beeping. I took mine off the ceiling and just lay them around now.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Hate when that happens!!! They are starting to put some workmanship into those things now. More difficult to rip off the walls and smash…

And it always seems to start at midnight.

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
I hate those. I have had dogs who would go crazy if one was beeping. I took mine off the ceiling and just lay them around now.
The ones in our house are wired, have 9V, and then also some battery backup inside, so 3 power sources. Very very annoying. I am tall so I can reach them without a ladder.

·
Super Moderator
11,496 Posts
Sometimes there's residual charge in the circuit even after the battery is removed.

It should stop after a few minutes, buy supposedly holding the test button down for 30 seconds is supposed to drain it.

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
Sometimes there's residual charge in the circuit even after the battery is removed.

It should stop after a few minutes, buy supposedly holding the test button down for 30 seconds is supposed to drain it.
BTW Mrs found the alarm murder scene when she asked what happened to the alarm and why there was a hole in the ceiling. She was not amused.

I got a C in physics electronics lab freshman year and only because my lab partner was hitting on the TA and she liked it so she’d demo on our bench and leave it partially done.

That was non-traditional roles. Have pretty boy bat his eyelashes at competent lady physicist science lady, “Oh demo on our bench wink wink wink…”. I was not too proud.

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
I'm having trouble understanding what is meant by independent or traditional.

Has this been defined?
This^^^!!

Whenever I ask for the definition of traditional and independent, I've gotten completely different opinions ranging from a few qualities to lists of qualities.

Like most things, traditional and independent are the extreme ends of a spectrum. I believe most women fall somewhere in the middle.

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Independent. If they have to nag much, they'll just leave you.
I liked your post but I think it comes with the caveat that "financially independent" women who are not Co-dependent will leave rather than nag. I know plenty of financially independent women who put up with ****ty spouses because they are emotionally co-dependent with them.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts