Which would you prefer?

• Independent!

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Traditional!

Votes: 29 61.7%
61 - 80 of 186 Posts

· Registered
10,823 Posts
I'm having trouble understanding what is meant by independent or traditional.

Has this been defined?
My understanding is:

Traditional: SAHM, raising kids, having doors held open for, etc

Independent: Career driven, better not open a door for her, don't need no man to kill a spider, etc.

· Registered
10,823 Posts
OR as a finishing touch when the engines are about to cool down!! Mine comes at the end! LOL!! Just one smack on the butt!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I am saying this out loud (well, posting it)!!! LOL.
I could tell you stories about all the different and varied things some women like. Don't feel embarrassed at all all!

· Registered
20,580 Posts
Google comes up with:

behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

It isn’t any of those, so it’s not. Oh yeah, words are also not violence (see above).
Unless you have no nerve endings spanking and hitting would definitely hurt. If you enjoy pain or being hurt than that's fine. Personally, I don't enjoy pain :rolleyes: .

· Registered
313 Posts
No you don't but others feel different. Probably tmi but seeing my wife bent over in seamed stockings and tight black panties and asking repeat asking to be spanked is a major turn on.

Each to their own D7 but you do seem to come over as someone's maiden aunt.

· Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
My understanding is:

Traditional: SAHM, raising kids, having doors held open for, etc

Independent: Career driven, better not open a door for her, don't need no man to kill a spider, etc.
These seem like narrow, binary choices.

Is there not a happy medium?

Lots of women work but like having doors opened for them and like having a masculine guy around. Sure, I can handle a lot of things but that's because helplessness isn't a good idea. It doesn't mean a strong guy isn't a huge plus.

As for spiders...I don't need no man to kill spiders for me! But that's because I quite like spiders and have the spider relocation program in my house. They eat bugs and I appreciate that so they get swept onto a dustpan and relocated outside.

My bf would kill them though if I asked.

· Registered
10,823 Posts

Lots of women work but like having doors opened for them and like having a masculine guy around. Sure, I can handle a lot of things but that's because helplessness isn't a good idea. It doesn't mean a strong guy isn't a huge plus.

As for spiders...I don't need no man to kill spiders for me! But that's because I quite like spiders and have the spider relocation program in my house. They eat bugs and I appreciate that so they get swept onto a dustpan and relocated outside.

I would be happy to take care of any and all spiders and bugs if the woman took care of the rodents!

Reactions: ConanHub

· Premium Member
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

Of course, all the women in my life were mix of both but I wanted to see preferences. If I put a both option, majority would vote both.

Like my fav body part thread, most men would vote duh the whole package 😅

Now the poll results reveal that men lean more towards what they believe is traditional.

The definitions may vary, but it is quite enlightening now.

· Registered
1,505 Posts
Of course, all the women in my life were mix of both but I wanted to see preferences. If I put a both option, majority would vote both.

Like my fav body part thread, most men would vote duh the whole package 😅

Now the poll results reveal that men lean more towards what they believe is traditional.

The definitions may vary, but it is quite enlightening now.

I wont say its the case for anyone participating in the thread, but a lot of guys prefer "traditional" women, because they are insecure... A lot of guys see independent women as not really needing them...So they decide to pick women who may be more needy, more sheltered, so they don't get any idea what life may be like without them...

I even knew a guy that didn't like his wife to work for fear she would fall for someone else at the job...lol...

· Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
I wont say its the case for anyone participating in the thread, but a lot of guys prefer "traditional" women, because they are insecure... A lot of guys see independent women as not really needing them...So they decide to pick women who may be more needy, more sheltered, so they don't get any idea what life may be like without them...

I even knew a guy that didn't like his wife to work for fear she would fall for someone else at the job...lol...
I also wonder if it's because some men associate independent with ball busting career women who don't need no freaking mam.

If that's what they imagine I can understand why they don't want it. But that's not a lot of career women.

· Premium Member
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
One thing I noticed is if the cat is around she will ask the cat to kill spiders as well, but he’s also a guy. She’ll go “look kitty, a spider! You’re supposed to kill anything that moves!” So she also appreciates traditional roles for cats.
Lol my old floofy murdered anything that moved, birds included I guess she was very traditional 😆

If my daughter is around (and if floofy didn't murder it) she handles the huntman spiders for the household. She plays with them actually, she's true blue Aussie when it comes to this, it shames me because they freak me out too much I go for the kill route as my nerves aren't good enough to capture. You need to be fast, quick, accurate, and non reactive when the spider moves. I fail on the last part.

She enjoys watching everyone freak out and beg her to take the spider away lol, if you can picture two grown adults (me and ex wife) climbing on the sofa freaking out with a little girl coming towards us playing with a massive spider on her arms giggling at us... yeah 😖

But she's not around all the time, still remember with last ex a huntman spider showed up on my windshield to say hello, I was like ah hello, stay outside, maybe if I drive very fast you will disappear. Nope it already decided my car was to be it's new home and gave me frights randomly on the road.

When I picked up my ex I warned her, saying there's a huntsman crawling around, didn't want her to get scared. The second I said that, the spider went up to her seat window and said hi, and she freaked out 😅

Then we went to the car wash immediately, and hand washed everything. But we were both still jumpy from all the random scares. Then finally at the end of the day, we parked thinking it was all over, and she opened the door and the spider crawled into her side of the cabin. She screamed and climbed on top of me lol and we had to "evacuate" from the drivers seat. It was crawling all over the inside of the car so I had to spray and kill lol, what a day!

· Premium Member
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I also wonder if it's because some men associate independent with ball busting career women who don't need no freaking mam.

If that's what they imagine I can understand why they don't want it. But that's not a lot of career women.
Its like stereotypes of traditional women as a kitchen appliances, we all have our associations based on our experiences 😊 it's interesting no?

· Registered
10,823 Posts
Rodents.....just no.

I will handle snakes though.....they aren't filthy and eat rodents.

Is that an acceptable compromise? :)
No because nobody would take care of the rodents and they would run wild!! Better get some cats

Reactions: MJJEAN

· Banned
563 Posts
As a related issue. My wife grew up as a "tomboy". As I have gotten older, I really like it when she dresses and acts more feminine. She hates wearing dresses though, and really only does it for weddings, funerals, etc. Our daughter, was always a "girly-girl", but she can get dirty and sweaty when she wants. We raised our children on the ranch we owned, so they grew up understanding and doing ranch/farm work.

61 - 80 of 186 Posts