Which would you prefer?

• Independent!

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Traditional!

Votes: 29 61.7%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Haha I do hate changing the 9V. I can never get the damn thing back on. With one of them it was peeping at 2am and I literally destroyed it. I took the battery out and somehow it was still peeping so I took it to the garage and smashed it with a hammer into little bits. I think it had a backup internally or something, no idea…
Now what a truly independent woman does is go out and buy the kind with the little drop-down door that you just pop the battery in to make it easy. We won't mention the fact that buying new ones was necessary because she broke the old ones trying to get them to shut up....

(In my defence, the chirping drove one of my dogs absolutely snaky and I couldn't handle torturing her.)

· Registered
172 Posts
My wife uses me for jar openings. I recently was trying to get a champagne cork out and it wouldn’t go. I twisted it in half with my bare hands. She looked at it and was like “um…”. So a jar? Pish posh…

However… Mrs recently bought one of those rubber grippy things and now sometimes she can open her own jars. Technology is the equalizer.
My mum bought me one of those rubber grippy things.

Shhhh... Mrs.CC... it also helps to use a bottle opener under the edge of the lid to break the seal first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts