Which would you prefer?

• Independent!

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Traditional!

Votes: 29 61.7%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
11,425 Posts
I wanted a wife who fulfilled traditional gender roles.

I expected her to sacrifice her career growth for kids, at least for a while, with the expectation that I bring home the bacon. As such my own career growth would be prioritized.

In addition I wanted her to better at the soft skills that women are supposed to be better at.

I suppose by that I also wanted her to expect the inverse, that she would expect a husband to excel at traditional male stuff.

· Premium Member
11,425 Posts
That's because you are ALWAYS bartering away everything for sex, isn't it?:LOL:
Haha I do hate changing the 9V. I can never get the damn thing back on. With one of them it was peeping at 2am and I literally destroyed it. I took the battery out and somehow it was still peeping so I took it to the garage and smashed it with a hammer into little bits. I think it had a backup internally or something, no idea…

· Premium Member
11,425 Posts
Oh yeah my wife was also happy for me to do rat exclusions and minor carpentry until I fell off a ladder.

I bought a mamba bag for boxing practice in the yard last week and she said NO. She said I couldn’t use it until the doctor cleared me. She was on a phone call for work and I said, “I’m going to go outside and setup that bag.” She didn’t say no (was on the call). When she finished the call I was in the middle of round three. She came outside and said, “YOU’RE BAD!”

Traditional gender roles affirmed. Man does something stupid and gets yelled at.

· Premium Member
11,425 Posts
I hate those. I have had dogs who would go crazy if one was beeping. I took mine off the ceiling and just lay them around now.
The ones in our house are wired, have 9V, and then also some battery backup inside, so 3 power sources. Very very annoying. I am tall so I can reach them without a ladder.

· Premium Member
11,425 Posts
Sometimes there's residual charge in the circuit even after the battery is removed.

It should stop after a few minutes, buy supposedly holding the test button down for 30 seconds is supposed to drain it.
BTW Mrs found the alarm murder scene when she asked what happened to the alarm and why there was a hole in the ceiling. She was not amused.

I got a C in physics electronics lab freshman year and only because my lab partner was hitting on the TA and she liked it so she’d demo on our bench and leave it partially done.

That was non-traditional roles. Have pretty boy bat his eyelashes at competent lady physicist science lady, “Oh demo on our bench wink wink wink…”. I was not too proud.

· Premium Member
11,425 Posts
My wife uses me for jar openings. I recently was trying to get a champagne cork out and it wouldn’t go. I twisted it in half with my bare hands. She looked at it and was like “um…”. So a jar? Pish posh…

However… Mrs recently bought one of those rubber grippy things and now sometimes she can open her own jars. Technology is the equalizer.

· Premium Member
11,425 Posts
Pfft. That's one thing I don't need a man for.

Here's a secret.... Just run hot water over the lid and seam. It'll twist right off.
My oil painting teacher when I was a kid would open my linseed oil jar. She was an old lady. She’d tap the lid on the edge of a table. I still do this with stubborn ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts