Which would you prefer?

• Independent!

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Traditional!

Votes: 29 61.7%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,948 Posts
I've had a bit of dating experience over the years and that experience has made me treasure a more traditionally minded, feminine woman. I'd rather not have to worry about a woman that scoffs at the prospect of her cooking dinner. I don't want to worry that my wife might raise our kids to be LGBTQ just because she can earn clout online. No thanks. Gimme a Conservative, Trad-wife.

· Registered
3,948 Posts
I'm thinking what is resonating in my thoughts right now is about respect when mentioned on the other thread. A traditional woman respects her husband as principle. An independent woman, demands that respect be earned.

Sometimes to earn that respect you will have to put the foot down. My mistake was tolerating a lot of crap, but what else can we do as men but weather their bullsh-t out of love? They are already guaranteed their crazy phases each month.

Meh, this is why I threw a wrench at the whole thing.
..and when you DO put up with a lot of crap, they see it as a weakness, lose respect for you, and treat you accordingly. Take it from me, man, never be afraid to walk away or at least call someone out for poor behavior.

My wife was just raised in a very Conservative culture and while she feels she has to adapt a little, she still carries those values with her. She was raised to believe certain things were just her job and she takes great pride in that job. I was feeling pretty dead inside too and ready to just go be awful in the world but sometimes when you meet the right person, that changes. I got faith in you, man. I hope you find your happiness, whatever that is.

· Registered
3,948 Posts
Feminism is a myth? Really? So all those feminists that fought for female equality and equity are just disposable at your whim? That's harsh.

Here's an idea:
The reason it takes two incomes to provide for a family today is because after all the women entered the workforce it devalued labour. Supply and demand.
We needed feminism, we don't need it here anymore in the USA. Modern feminism is just man-hating female supremacism I do agree with you about ladies devaluing labor. When you double the workfoce, the value will go down. Not everyone needs 2 people working though. My wife doesn't work and we are getting by. She will work soon though because we have some goals we want to achieve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts