Which would you prefer?

• Independent!

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Traditional!

Votes: 29 61.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
18,321 Posts
There you go. My wife asks for spider kills and smoke detector changes. I’m like, “Show me where it is baby I will take care of that for you.”
That's because you are ALWAYS bartering away everything for sex, isn't it?:LOL:

· Premium Member
18,321 Posts
No you don't but others feel different. Probably tmi but seeing my wife bent over in seamed stockings and tight black panties and asking repeat asking to be spanked is a major turn on.

Each to their own D7 but you do seem to come over as someone's maiden aunt.
Smarmy, rude and insulting. She's one of the small percentage of people on here in a happy marriage, so she's doing something right.

· Premium Member
18,321 Posts
Haha I do hate changing the 9V. I can never get the damn thing back on. With one of them it was peeping at 2am and I literally destroyed it. I took the battery out and somehow it was still peeping so I took it to the garage and smashed it with a hammer into little bits. I think it had a backup internally or something, no idea…
I hate those. I have had dogs who would go crazy if one was beeping. I took mine off the ceiling and just lay them around now.

· Premium Member
18,321 Posts
I liked your post but I think it comes with the caveat that "financially independent" women who are not Co-dependent will leave rather than nag. I know plenty of financially independent women who put up with ****ty spouses because they are emotionally co-dependent with them.
Codependent is the antithesis to independent, in my view. I see what you're saying, but I just choke calling codependent people independent. I would say financially they are fine and if they were independent other ways, they could and might leave.

And then I've known mostly women who were independent but not that well off financially who would still leave, and that would describe me.

Reactions: Works

· Premium Member
18,321 Posts
When I think of a traditional woman, I sure don't think of a woman who is adventurous in the bedroom, so I'm surprised to see most guys think that's what they want considering the prevailing sexual attitude on this forum. Being a traditional woman doesn't equate to doing anything you say sexually at all. If they have traditional old-fashioned ethics, it's likely they are not bent that way.

There has always been the old saying that men want a cook in the kitchen and a w***e in the bedroom, and I think that may be true for many men. Fortunately, some men now realize how boring an old-fashioned traditional woman can be, more like a mother taking care of them than anything else, which isn't sexy for either of them; but hey, if they're traditional and mild and have blinders on, then the man can do whatever he wants without her kicking up dust, can't he?

· Premium Member
18,321 Posts
One of my cousins married a woman who absolutely refuses to cut the grass, change a light bulb, open a car door, etc. To the point that at one Christmas dinner my cousin didn't open her car door so she didn't get out. She sat in the freezing cold car for hours until he got back in and went home. She does work and is very career driven, no kids. She dragged the divorce out for 4-5 years, fighting over everything, wanting more money, more of their businesses, etc. So I'm not sure WTF she is, besides a nightmare hitting both ends of the spectrum at once.

They are now divorced. She had an affair and ran off with that guy to live in a trailer with him. Very romantic love story.
Primadonna

· Premium Member
18,321 Posts
One of my old boyfriends ended up marrying a woman, like Bobert said, a stay-at-home wife, no kids.

His first wife had a steady job and made more money than him. He had a low paying job Plus in a band that probably cost him more than he made.

Then he hastily married that one who just doesn't do anything. I seriously just can't even fathom that. It's not like she was anything resembling the trophy wife. She looked like a pudgy crazy old cow. So they must have really hit it off on some level because they are still married.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts