Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I badly need some advice. I was in an on off relationship with a guy for two years. We got on really well, had an amazing connection and although it was slow to start and he found it difficult to express his feelings, we were really happy, or so I thought. I then found out he had been cheating on me and ended things with him. We had been friends prior to dating so I was extremely hurt. Nevertheless we remained friends and were supportive of one another. I then started seeing another ex, he's a lovely guy, sweet, kind, adores me, wants a future with me. The problem is, I can't say I love you back, I care for him, look forward to seeing him and can see how we could have a future, however, I still think of my ex. My ex is now single, he has been getting help for his relationship issues and has been diagnosed with aspergers syndrome. He would like to see more of me and see where things could go. Genuinely don't know what to do. On one hand I still have feelings for my ex, he makes me laugh, time spent with him is amazing. However I don't want to hurt my current partner and am worried about giving up a relationship that I am mostly happy in to chase after something that has gone so wrong in the past.

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you really feel the need to give the ex another shot be honest with the current (ex) in that you are not exclusive. To be fair though, dont just string him along .If you were really feeling it for him the other ex wouldnt be such a temptation.

Best advice really though...start fresh.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Why do you continue sifting through the debris of broken relationships? Are these the ONLY two guys you know? You broke it off with BOTH of them for very good reasons (as others have pointed out.)

BTW: I don't know a LOT about Asperger's syndrome, but it doesn't make you a 'cheater'. Cheating is a character defect; it's not like he 'just didn't know any better' and now somebody's wised him up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.