Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sometimes people who are grieving get so they feel they just need to do something/find something that will give them something pleasant in life. Someone I know lost a child. She said she knew how another baby would never replace the child she lost, but she said how she so desperately needed something very nice in her life. Friends accused her of having a "replacement" baby, and she said nobody seemed to understand that she knew she could never replace her child (or get over losing him), but she just desperately needed something positive after having nothing but awful loss and grief.

I don't think people should get angry when someone dates after losing a spouse. Chances are a similar type of thing is going on with them emotionally.

My father died when my mother was only in her fifities. I wish she had dated again, but she never did. She lived another couple of decades and built a life for herself, but it may have been nice if she'd found a "friend". I think your husband should be pleased for his father. If the dating is nothing serious its just a matter of having a nice time with someone. If it turns into something serious your husband should be glad his father won't be lonely.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.