Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ok the hubby and I have known each other since I was 4 and he was 8, I always had a crush on him, ok so fast-forward to 18 years later, we are married and have been for...well it will be 3 years this may...we have a small child together. My husband works to make a living for us, however he spends no time with us, he would rather spend the time he has to himself, I told him that he gets no time to himself because when marry and have a family, you have to put them first! I told him I don't care if he spends time to himself, but that he needs to make some time for us. now for those of you who are already familiar with my story, his best friend is still living with us, and its straining our marriage, but my husband refuses to see it as so. we are constantly fighting about everything and I am always "over reacting"or "being stupid, and over dramatic" Im at the point to where I am fed up and I feel miserable, I have tried to talk to him but hes always right and im always wrong, i have fought for our relationship, but it seems that im at my breaking point, he does not want to do counseling....and advice or questions, i will relply thanks

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Why don't you take your child and leave and show him what life would be like without you?

Of course, he may like it better....:scratchhead:

A compromise: The best friend has to go and you need to give your H some time for himself.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been in your position too (partner's rather awful best friend living on our couch, wouldn't leave). If he's not listening to you, you need to take your child and remove yourself from the situation. I don't know about divorce, that's for you to decide, but I would definitely leave to prove to him that you aren't kidding about how you're at the breaking point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.