Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in a long distance relationship for several years. this works well when my partner comes to my home which i share with my 24yr old daughter who works 6days. The problem is when i visit him. His ex lives 50meters away and is constantly on the doorstep. they had 3 children together all are over 18yrs. she had another child with a random guy who is now 8yrs and calls my partner dad. It was bad in the begining because he would tell her about our relationship and i curbed that. Now she drops in everyday to get my partner to mind the child so she can go to bingo or gamble at the club. if she does work same thing. he minds the child. There is still one of their children at her home who doesnt work but sits playing games or hanging around shopping centres all day who i think should mind the child. If its not that excuse she drops in for food or money or just to be annoying and asking him what are we doing. I have had several arguments over the years about this but am fed up as it spoils my time when im there. I am not a babysitter. it is not his child. how do i stop it once and for all? the ex and i totally ignore each other while she is there as i get so mad i may say something and walk out.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Are you getting enough out of this long-distance relationship to make it worth your while?

It's obvious he's still hung up on his ex to some degree; the fact that she gets food and money from him, socializes with him, has HER kid calling him 'Dad'...that's just WHACK!

You can do BETTER THAN THIS! Let it go, move on to someone who lives NEARER to you AND (more importantly) someone who makes YOU a PRIORITY. Ain't never gonna happen with this schmoe!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
He is not over his ex. Her child is only 8 & he could be playing "Daddy" for at least 10 more years. He know how you feel about this (I assume) but sets no boundaries when you visit. You will always be #2 in his life. He gets to be with 2 women. How do you know he's not having sex with her?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.