Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, one more sad post on here and then I am saying, "bye-bye"
My son is 16 months and I love him more than anything. My husband has psychological issues- still trying to figure out why he is not depressed when he has to go to a party or friends but only when he needs to care for our son or help with housework. Anyways, he lies constantly and yells at me and our son all the time. I can't even trust him alone with our son. I've had to cancel on my job twice since he started getting irate right before I left and we didn't have a babysitter then. And was late once because he was late getting the car to me. He told me that the man I married is dead. He has basically has treated me like dirt since right after the honeymoon. He told me he is a psycho and that he was sorry that he made me love him. He constantly says that he feels dead and empty inside and I am afraid of him now.
Here I sit alone on my birthday because he didn't get me anything again and yelled at me this morning, so I asked him to leave. So, now I have the oh so happy prospect of being a single mother at 35 with no career (was supposed to go to graduate school, but had son instead and am helping support husband while he gets to go to graduate school). All this because I believed in one person to love me and be good to me. Since having our son, I have been at his financial and emotional mercy. I have not gotten a whole day to myself in 16 months. And he made me itemize everything the first year while he hid a 6,300 credit card debt from me.
Anyways, this is way too long. I just can't face the fact that my life is going in the crapper and my son has to grow up in a divorced home, but I find myself happier and stronger when he is gone. :eek:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'm am so sorry your going through this... you've been horribly let down by this 'man', in so many ways.
You say bye bye...where are you going?
People here can help and support you through the next few days/weeks/months.

Do you have family/friends to lean on for support? Who will you go to today?? You need someone to give you love and support right now!

Be kind to yourself...it will get easier over time.

I wish you strength and peace venuslove.

PS: Happy birthday xx

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Venuslove, I'm sorry to hear this. Most of us make bad decisions and don't see others as clearly as we'd like, but hopefully you'll find a way to learn from your painful experience and recognize what to avoid next time. I did it and you can, too.

P.S. Happy (by now belated) birthday.

·
Registered
694 Posts
My husband has psychological issues- Mine does too..

Here I sit alone on my birthday because he didn't get me anything again and yelled at me this morning, I'm so sorry you don't deserve that.

So, now I have the oh so happy prospect of being a single mother at 35 with no career I know this feeling its scary

All this because I believed in one person to love me and be good to me. We all believed in this.

I just can't face the fact that my life is going in the crapper and my son has to grow up in a divorced home, but I find myself happier and stronger when he is gone. Its a harsh reality to face but like you I cannot stay in a relationship with a man like this.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sometimes making the right decision is the hardest thing to do.
Even if it's gonna be better years in the future.. it's still very hard to deal with the issue of leaving right now.

Good luck. Stick to your guns & make your life better for your son & you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.