Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about it, and what would ever happen if the need ever arose for a word spelled like "throw" but pronounced as in "plow". Throw, as in a ball, really screwed up the dictionary because there should be an e on the end, should be spelled throwe, like the word "owe". I'm just glad the need for such a word has not yet occurred because I can't really think of a solution to that potential dilemna.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Okay Lon, I think it's time to up your meds :)

Reactions: norajane

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
To pay homage to you and your thread, in my thread Throwdown, I put THROWE-DOWN - Ozzy vs. Dio

No meds? How about wine?

Reactions: Lon

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vino, that is what I need, it's Friday night and I got nothing doing. Thanks for the good idea - I actually am on meds at the moment - penicillin, so I think I will go easy on the wine, or else I will be going back for more pills. This strep throat is mostly gone, but still get the occasional whince of pain in my tonsils.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Is strep throat code for VD? :rofl: I kill me

Reactions: humanbecoming

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, I don't know what a venereal looks like, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been in contact with one. It's probably some kind of human disease instead.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Lon, why do you have a pen as your avatar? It's very plain for someone such as yourself and it cracks me up.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why not?

No seriously there was a backstory about that pen, I don't really want to retell it again, nor do I think I'd be able to link to the thread I posted it in, let's just say it involved a babysitter, espionage, lies, deception and heartache.

Your avatar pics is kinda scary, it screams death metal and gore, too revealing about you I think?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Well you see Lon my friend, my avatar IS me and is meant to scream death metal and gore. So I guess I did a good job eh?

Too much you ask? Lon, I think I am too much all the time. :)

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EG, the pen had to go, now there is an even more plain and more mysterious avatar on there.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Lon you are a mystery wrapped up in a riddle.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Try "row", not like with an oar or a line, but as in a commotion, as in:

"There seems to be a bit of a row going on-some chap just waved his fist at me..."

In that context, it rhymes with "plow".

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
snow, bow, tow, glow, stow. Hee Hee

From a Warner Bros. cartoon, "I'm a baaaaad boy."

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
snow, bow, tow, glow, stow. Hee Hee

From a Warner Bros. cartoon, "I'm a baaaaad boy."
those are all words that phonetically have sold their soul. Bow has to be the worst culprit of the bunch is it take a bow or at the bow of a ship? And how would you create a noun for someone who tows something: a tower? No obviously that is not an agent noun (I don't know which I'd blame for "tower" as a non-agent noun it had no right using "er")

update: a tower, as in one who tows, would be a form of an agent noun, not an adverb, I looked it up though I still think there is no agent noun form of the word for one who tows because tower has already appropriated that word. And to make it worse, tower simply can pluralize itself to become a verb??! like WTF how did these words earn these ridiculous privileges?

·
Super Moderator
29,000 Posts
I was thinking about it, and what would ever happen if the need ever arose for a word spelled like "throw" but pronounced as in "plow". Throw, as in a ball, really screwed up the dictionary because there should be an e on the end, should be spelled throwe, like the word "owe". I'm just glad the need for such a word has not yet occurred because I can't really think of a solution to that potential dilemna.
And then when we get to plough, which looks like it should be pronounced 'ploof', we... ah, the heck with it!:rofl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.