Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm done. Level 3 evacuations on the other side of the hill to the left. Today is actually cloudless.

When is the meteor coming?

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
That should put a damper on the riots. Guess they'll have to find something else to do with all the spare time on their hands. Wanna bet they won't be volunteering to help out?

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That should put a damper on the riots. Guess they'll have to find something else to do with all the spare time on their hands. Wanna bet they won't be volunteering to help out?
Maybe if we just load them into those huge hanging buckets...

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now it's the roar of tanker planes overhead on their trips back and forth from the local reservoir to the fire sights. That at least is a somewhat comforting sound, even if one could be excused for thinking WWII had broken out all over again overhead.

·
Registered
13,979 Posts
How close are the fires to you? What’s the level of anxiety (or hopefully confidence)? Stay safe.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How close are the fires to you? What’s the level of anxiety (or hopefully confidence)? Stay safe.
Thanks for asking.

The closest one is probably about 5 miles line of sight, burning on the far side of the hill you cannot see in the picture because of smoke. It looks like they have a handle on it, so unless we get another 50 mph wind event, I think it will be fine.

Trailer is packed, watered, and attached as a precaution, but I am not too worried. There are parts of the Portland suburbs on the east side that now are at most risk.

Anyone who wants a climate change debate with me today will get a punch in the nose.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
On the bright side,

·
Premium Member
25,954 Posts

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
All I can say is, I feel ya, Cletus.

Reactions: Cletus

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I was almost getting complacent. I was allowing 2020 too pass me by. Ok, so i can't operate out of my two offices that I still pay rent on, ok so my business is down 65%, Ok so I wear a mask and gloves. HOW EVER 2020 sucks balls. I was getting by sitting on my deck, sipping wine and reading. Not freaking bothering the universe, when a goddamned wasp, the bastard of the animal kingdom decided that my right ear offended it. Littler ****er stung me, and my ear blew up to twice the size of Mickey Mouse's. Benadryl did not kick in for a few hours. Yeah, 2020 sucks balls.

Reactions: jlg07 and Cletus

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
Sadly 2020 is just the beginning :(

Don't see a quick way out of this anytime soon, will take years to recover. For now taking the good in with the bad, the only good being I can indulge my laziness alot more than usual with the lack of work and lockdowns.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts