Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I could uses your opinions. Ok I have posted before my husband and I have one big issue in our marraige and it's our major lack of time. We only maybe see each other a total of 7-8 hours a week thats including the weekend.

Anyway so this morning he came wanted to take me to breakfast so we go. We are at breakfast and relatives of his show up so he invites them to join us and for the next half hour I basically sat there odd person out of the conversation.

I just feel bad alot because I feel like we have so little time ever together and it is so important to me, and it used to be that way to both of us and he talks that it is still for him also but his actions make me feel otherwise. Like he just doesn't seem in that big of a rush to get home anymore, or call. I just get really lonely and miss the quality time we used to get to have.

I feel so weird because I'm not typically needy and I just feel so sad about this, any thoughts would be great. Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He works basically two full time jobs by choice. He works 7 days a week. He works a 5 day a week town job and than he works a family business (which is very demanding/controlling) after he gets off work at night before he comes home and sat & sun. He is a workaholic.

He believes we see each other more now that we live together and are married. I don't because both jobs have gotten busier which equates to less time. I work to.

No we don't have children.

I just get very lonely, I don't have much family left and what I do have we aren't close, my friends aren't in this area, and I don't know anyone where I live. I moved to where he is, so all I have is his family, like I said I just get lonely I guess and it's hard for me adjusting because I don't mind being alone but not almost always.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Well, have you ever talked about your priorities and what they mean?

Could you?

You have a duty to each other to support and love one another. If you're not feeling supported because he's absent so much, how can the two of you shift priorities in a way that supports your marriage? Perhaps this would mean you helping out at his family's business one of those days and him taking the other one off? This would show that you support what he wants even as you're asking for something.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you're not happy with the lack of time together, you should say something to him and ask him to re-prioritize. It's important to feel like your spouse makes you a priority, and he may need some help understanding that if he is a workaholic. Try to set him hard "non-negotiable" times together (Sundays from 12-5 or something) so that he and you can both focus on each other for at least one chunk of time per week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.