Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why I am starting this thread. I guess its my own curiosity. We talk about oral sex on TAM quite a bit. Usually its someone complaining that its not on the menu in their relationship, or that they don't get enough of it etc. I do think most sexually active adults are okay with oral sex when in a sexual relationship. But I guess what I would like to know is, does that apply to rimming as well? If you don't know what that is, basically its performing oral sex on your partners anus. Is this something that is still somewhat taboo? Is it something that you and your partner enjoy?

I suppose its only fair if I answer the question myself. Its not something I really did all that much when I was much younger, but its something I "occasionally" do these days. I do enjoy doing it, and if you're dating these days don't be surprised to find out that your girlfriend has skin care and even bleaching creams for that area. I guess I feel like if they're going through that much trouble to make things all pretty down there the least you could do is to give that area special attention sometimes. As for having it performed on me it makes me uncomfortable, probably in the way that some women don't like their partners going down on them. They enjoy it, but the idea of it makes them uncomfortable. I guess I am interested in the thoughts of others.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I once read a line on this that sums it up at least for me. "It's not a taste I'm interested in acquiring."
Now, having said that, I'm having trouble justifying it. Other anal play is ok with me. Oral in the neighborhood, is ok.
I guess if I had a partner that was interested (in sex), I'd probably rethink it.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My W enjoys that kind of play. I oblige. Often times I say there is not one part of my W body that is not touched by my probing tongue. The bedroom is such a fun place for us.
Wooooo....thanks for your honesty. I was worried I would be the only one that would admit to it. I do think its the kind of play that a lot of people do, but I don't think most of us are in a hurry to raise their hand and say I like to to lick butt :rofl:! I also think many straight men participate in anal play with their partners, but probably don't discuss it or admit it with their guy friends. I think in some ways certain stigmas from the past are still with us, and that perhaps its something that is seen as un-masculine.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Wooooo....thanks for your honesty. I was worried I would be the only one that would admit to it. I do think its the kind of play that a lot of people do, but I don't think most of us are in a hurry to raise their hand and say I like to to lick butt :rofl:! I also think many straight men participate in anal play with their partners, but probably don't discuss it or admit it with their guy friends. I think in some ways certain stigmas from the past are still with us, and that perhaps its something that is seen as un-masculine.
It's not a regular thing. But it is some kink when the freak flag is being flown.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I guess I'll raise my hand.

I don't have any problem with doing it. To me, it's just a part of oral sex. If I'm going to be doing oral then I'll do that every time as well. It's not something that I need, so if my wife wasn't into receiving it then I wouldn't do it and I'd be perfectly okay with that. I enjoy doing it because of the response I get.

Flipping the roles, I very, very rarely have any desire to be on the receiving end. I won't say that it hasn't happened before, but most of the time I don't want it at all and wouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Tried it with a couple partners. Either I'm bad at it, they were too nervous (this is when I was very young), or they just didn't get much out of it. I wasn't, like, into it, but I didn't mind giving it a whirl. One of those partners reciprocated and it felt good, but wasn't all that arousing for me.

Other anal play, however, has been a lot of fun.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Flipping the roles, I very, very rarely have any desire to be on the receiving end. I won't say that it hasn't happened before, but most of the time I don't want it at all and wouldn't allow it.
Never been on the receiving end although it has been offered. I'm good without it.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
It has always been my position that nothing is really off limits between consenting people, so no issues there.

In the movie CHIPS there is some funny banter about this topic.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This post reminds me of a joke:

What do butt holes and 9V batteries have in common?

You know it's wrong, but sooner or later you're gonna touch it with your tongue.
LoL, when I was a kid I was afraid to do that with a 9V battery. The irony is if you had asked me way back when which thing I would rather do if I had to choose. I totally would have picked the 9V battery!!!!!

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
LoL, when I was a kid I was afraid to do that with a 9V battery. The irony is if you had asked me way back when which thing I would rather do if I had to choose. I totally would have picked the 9V battery!!!!!
Some people get smarter as they age, some not so much.:grin2:

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
When I started dating again I was shocked that it seemed that so many people wanted this, to give or receive or both. In talking to female friends, quite a lot of them are into it. Not something I was expecting to hear at all!

Now that I’m more educated that this is a pretty common thing, I find I can be very accepting of what people like. But that doesn’t mean I’m game, it just means I accept you are into this and I’m not going to judge. My answer is still no and I expect that to be respected by anyone I’m dating.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts