Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
What a difference in views. The woman doesn't want to leave. The guy is happy to be relieved of his burden. Of course, he'll expect her to be available when and if he ever gets there. He'll be generous enough to thank the guy for taking care of her for him.

He's a moron if only because he wears sandals to climb a ladder.

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
What a difference in views. The woman doesn't want to leave. The guy is happy to be relieved of his burden. Of course, he'll expect her to be available when and if he ever gets there. He'll be generous enough to thank the guy for taking care of her for him.

He's a moron if only because he wears sandals to climb a ladder.
Good catch on the sandals. Good attention to details.

The young man is happy to be relieved of the burden because he was scared poopless that he might weaken and might drop his prized lover (and himself, of course).

Both were foolish in trying to climb such a ladder: With no safety climbing straps, no leather gloves, no carry-along portable seats to rest, no food and water for such a long journey.

And, no pre-training for such a climb.

Love knows no bounds, no heights, it seems.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Whose idea was it to climb the ladder....hers (probably)

Who begrudgedly said yes to make the other “happy”.....him (probably)

Who faltered first due to lack of upper body strength....her (definitely)

Who jettisoned a backpack of supplies to accommodate the other....him (of course)

Who, when the first opportunity arose, bailed on the hardship and took the easy way up.....her (obviously)

Who sacrificed everything for the other and got zero in return....him (sadly)

This is a memetic if a typical modern woman and a Mr. NiceGuy.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
They began a journey together, they realized she would not make it and he would not leave her behind, unexpected assistance was offered and only one could take it, they realized the levity, they accepted the best solution for them both, they were sad to part but to me the value of chivalry stands with the stronger willingly protecting the weaker while hopes are reached for.

I had to actually look up monkey-branching... I would never have seen that in this.

·
Registered
17,198 Posts
I was rather hoping some women might reply too....
I have no clue what you want us to say or think? I thought it was a weird comic strip that had some underlying message but the message is so odd that I cannot even guess what the artist was trying to say.

Is it just another “women are so weak and don’t understand that men always carry them” message, then ok whatever, weirdo artist.

But for me personally, I thought to myself nah, she would never leave that cute brown boy for the boring white boy. She and the brown boy should have just pulled the white boy out of the space ship and hijacked it, and then left him on the ladder. They could always go drop someone off on the moon and then one of them could go back to pick him up. The end, everyone is happy.

Like I said, that’s just me. So I’m sure that’s not what the artist was trying to say.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
I have no clue what you want us to say or think? I thought it was a weird comic strip that had some underlying message but the message is so odd that I cannot even guess what the artist was trying to say.

Is it just another “women are so weak and don’t understand that men always carry them” message, then ok whatever, weirdo artist.

But for me personally, I thought to myself nah, she would never leave that cute brown boy for the boring white boy. Making the popcornShe and the brown boy should have just pulled the white boy out of the space ship and hijacked it, and then left him on the ladder. [ Well, okey-dokey lol.] They could always go drop someone off on the moon and then one of them could go back to pick him up. The end, everyone is happy.

Like I said, that’s just me. So I’m sure that’s not what the artist was trying to say.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A ladder goes up and down - they could always have descended the ladder together.
Sorry! I am very sure that you are not chopped liver, but a very nice lady :D

But for me personally, I thought to myself nah, she would never leave that cute brown boy for the boring white boy. She and the brown boy should have just pulled the white boy out of the space ship and hijacked it, and then left him on the ladder. They could always go drop someone off on the moon and then one of them could go back to pick him up. The end, everyone is happy.

I’m a woman. She obviously doesn’t want to leave him but knows it’s the best solution. The look on his face at the end is relief that both are safe and will reunite soon.
My reason for asking was it seemed to cause a divide, with many women finding it inspirational and many Indian men seeming to find it aspirational, with USA and UK men such as myself thinking it a pile of poo.

But, so many women seemed to find it inspiring, that I questioned myself and my impression.

I see it as treating the woman like a dumb child, who has a passive desire and all will and action to make it happen is up to the men. My thought was that far from being brave and feminist, it is actually rather old fashioned. Putting the woman first is not a new idea. This suggests she is a passive object.

I did wonder which way the more cynical residents of TAM would see it!

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
I view it as the way things were in the past. Something I often heard growing up many decades ago? “If it was that easy to do then we’d get a girl to do it”. The message sent to girls of my generation? Men are strong. Women are weak. Nope. Not this girl.

PS
I didn’t notice the boy was supposed to be brown but I agree with FW that he’s cute.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I could be wrong, I think it is meant to inspire with the idea that if men were just more like that and saw women in that way, it would be great! I confess, I personally found it horrible, but most women who like it take it that way and approve.

I see your avatar! I do not think it is for you! :D

·
Registered
17,198 Posts
I view it as the way things were in the past. Something I often heard growing up many decades ago? “If it was that easy to do then we’d get a girl to do it”. The message sent to girls of my generation? Men are strong. Women are weak. Nope. Not this girl.

PS
I didn’t notice the boy was supposed to be brown but I agree with FW that he’s cute.
AND he just hulked her up a ladder. Yum!

Also let’s see here....since there is literally a ladder to the moon, and spaceships that can hover with no air disturbance...this land clearly is full of plenty of whimsy and magic.

So it can be assume (by me at least) that there will be no problem for another spaceship to come right back and pick up the pilot.

Being a true gentleman, maybe he isn’t the one who suggested it.

“Oh dear you are both in bad physical shape. Please take my spaceship and get yourselves to the moon safely. I’ll call a Space Uber and be right behind you”.

The couple easily drive to safety because these spaceships are so advanced anyone can drive them. They are our cars now. Space Uber only took 5 minutes to pick up the pilot.

The couple and the gentleman pilot meet up on the moon and have wine together later with all their friends. The end.

·
Registered
17,198 Posts
I could be wrong, I think it is meant to inspire with the idea that if men were just more like that and saw women in that way, it would be great! I confess, I personally found it horrible, but most women who like it take it that way and approve.

I see your avatar! I do not think it is for you! :D
My avatar is Wonder Woman carrying Archie to her love nest. Or maybe she just rescued him from something.

For years my avatar here was Veronica kissing Archie. Then one day I saw this art, the WW and Archie avatar I have now. It was so cute to me I took the picture just to use it here. It’s like an inside joke with myself.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I’m the literal type and didn’t read as much into this. The two decided to take a journey, she physically couldn’t make it so now they have a problem. Someone else zooming by saw the predicament and offered help. I thought the part where she was all teared up about leaving was a tad dramatic but whatever lol! I didn’t notice the skin colors. I only saw people.

Now that I think about I do think she was a little annoying with the theatrics but they did have a problem that needed a solution.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts