Talk About Marriage banner
101 - 120 of 204 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
The guy seems to be amazed at his cheating wife’s reaction. She is the epitome of someone in the fog.
Now that her fairytale world has come crashing down around her ears she’s completely dumbfounded. Reconciliation would be a complete waste of time at this stage, she is just sorry she got caught.
Agreed. You only start to understand the reaction once you come to the understanding that these people think of their spouse like a thing for their edification not a human being with feelings and autonomy. As a means to an end, so when that "means to an end" suddenly goes away they are crying. It's like their house suddenly told them they could no longer live in it again. Or the money in their bank account. Someone took away her candy.

But in no way is she sorry for the pain she caused him. Understanding this is a big part of the reason why I am typically down on R. It's such a bad deal and not just because of the cheating but because of the way the cheater dehumanize the people who love them.

Reactions: Torninhalf
Worthy nominee: On SI, LtCdtLost, in the just Found Out forum!

He was deployed overseas when a friend emailed him proof that wife was screwing around. He came back without her knowing and blew up her world.

SurvivingInfidelity.com - General Forum

Don’t bother reading last few pages, the responders get crazy
SI site mods/owners/whatevers have him pegged as a "very good (my words)" troll - but if you are military you will see "holes" in his postings

Discussion starter · #113 ·
Thumos:

seems he is still on the fence leaning a bit more - just my interpretation
I consider Thurmos a friend and respect his intelligence and emotional insight, but I am not even sure he would label himself as someone "who move through it with action". So I am not sure his story fits the thread, maybe as a cautionary tail as as far as the point of this thread. As I see it he is very much still exactly where he was. He certainly is suffering and caught in limbo.

Thumos - deep thinking man and, to me, seems to be a part of his decision process - don't make any move quickly or something like that. He says he realizes the WW have bestowed on him a lifetime memory. So maybe "better to be with the devil you know rather than possibly get with one you don' know?"

Some men can get over another poking their wife (a few times) - (SI: Beyond Rage) or just no (SI: SpaceGhost0007) and others have their reasons for taking a long time to make a change. (SI: TheWrongOne) - I have seen same type of stories here on TAM.

Discussion starter · #117 · (Edited)
Would you please update the links?

I think they changed their website and most of the links from that website are broken because of that.
Unfortunately I don't think I can, they changed the site. I believe this happened because someone was posting this stuff on YouTube and making money off it. I suspect the change was on purpose.

Maybe after the new site is indexed by google I might be able to figure it out.

So I was able to figure out how to find the links and updated mine. So if anyone wants to update theirs here is how you do it.

Go to google and do a search on -

site: survivinginfidelity.com [The index number of the post]

Without the brackets and substituting the index number of the post in the link. You can find that by copying the URL of the link in question, there will be a group of numbers listed after the "tid=" in the URL address. Your browser will have something like "copy link" if you right click on it to get the text of the link. You only want the numbers so strip out everything else. So it should look something like this when you are done -

site: survivinginfidelity.com 640195

Search for that in google and one of the results will be the post. You can then just update the URL or read it if you want.

The new site layout is awful by the way, and I am not longer banned which is weird.

Reactions: Asterix
101 - 120 of 204 Posts