Talk About Marriage banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Wasn't the OP in this one a member here as well?
Secondarily, was this not a troll? Something in my memory tells me that 20MLMM or whatever name he used was either embellishing or was just into writing a plausible novel.
Was this guy a troll? Is that confirmed?

Just wanted to know for sure so I don't waste my time with it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you all haven't read Director23 over on SI you're missing out on a guy who showed amazing qualities of disciplined action and restraint, and resilience in the wake of wave after wave of wayward gut punches.

Big picture items:
Wife of 3 years had an affair 2 years into marriage.
Have 2 year old son.
Wife pregnant and birthed OM child.
D-Day 1-10-19
Filed for D on 2-7-19
Divorce mediation currently underway.

Newly betrayed can see a roadmap for not only living through one of the worst WW imaginable, but doing it in a very respectable way and keeping his dignity intact.

Thread #1:
https://www.survivinginfidelity.com/forums.asp?tid=634854
Thread #2:
https://www.survivinginfidelity.com/forums.asp?tid=635561

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Seriously guys I started this thread to empower people not show them the worst possible outcomes. Showing the ONE story where the wife who is clearly mentally ill commit suicide is only going to scare people from moving on.

YOU GUYS ARE NOT HELPING!
You mean you only want to see posts that confirm your bias. :wink2:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I believe that sokillme’s motives an action in starting this thread is EXACTLY what many people who have recently discovered their spouses have been betraying them need to read!!!!

They are probably been getting bombarded by family, friends, and the cheaters that they need to accept the poo-poo sandwich they have been handed and should get over it and return to their wonderful marriage, after, it was only a mistake, a slight lapse of judgement!

Those that recently discovered that their marriage is a lie need to know that they don’t have to accept it! They can move on to a much brighter future!!!!

·
Registered
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I glanced at that. Kind of sounds like he decided to eat the sandwich after "SHE" decided to reconcile?

Am I reading that one right? Reddit is so hard to follow for me.
Yes which means this post doesn't really fit here.

Having now spent years now trying to understand how this all works I have grown to understand that the aftermath of most infidelity is really the betrayed spouses coming to terms or sometimes willfully refusing to accept that their partner doesn't love them, and the cheating spouses inability to understand that they are not emotionally healthy enough to love anyone.

If there is no progress then it's almost always about either parties not being willing to accept this fact for some poor souls even for a whole lifetime.

The answer to ending the cycle of pain is just to accept this fact whatever your choice is after that moving forward. That is the truth that will set you free. This and for the betrayed spouse to also have the courage to also allow yourself to believe that just because one person doesn't love you doesn't mean that someone else won't.

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Yes which means this post doesn't really fit here.

Having now spent years now trying to understand how this all works I have grown to understand that the aftermath of most infidelity is really the betrayed spouses coming to terms or sometimes willfully refusing to accept that their partner doesn't love them, and the cheating spouses inability to understand that they are not emotionally healthy enough to love anyone.

If there is no progress then it's almost always about either parties not being willing to accept this fact for some poor souls even for a whole lifetime.

The answer to ending the cycle of pain is just to accept this fact whatever your choice is after that moving forward. That is the truth that will set you free. This and for the betrayed spouse to also have the courage to also allow yourself to believe that just because one person doesn't love you doesn't mean that someone else won't.
Agreed.

Which is all the more reason to pull the plug.

I know some people "Think They Made It", like this guy. I don't see it that way.

So who knows...

·
Registered
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Agreed.

Which is all the more reason to pull the plug.

I know some people "Think They Made It", like this guy. I don't see it that way.

So who knows...
I guess the other thing I have learned is what other people may accept in their life may be very different then what we are willing to.

I think where I have the issue is when it seems like those who are reconciling choose to bend reality into a pretzel just to avoid facing it. I mean if you want to believe in the tooth fairy so be it but don't tell me I have to. Besides they really never stop suffering when they do that. If you are still struggling years later it's probably not the affair but your inability of more like refusal to accept the truth.

·
Registered
723 Posts
She wanted to be with another woman. Now she will get the opportunity to be with as many women as she wants, probably significant more!

Do you happen to know if her girlfriend is in the same prison?

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Numb26, add him to the list

61 - 80 of 82 Posts