Talk About Marriage banner

Would you date a woman if she had a sexual relationship with one or more of your friends in the past

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You don't have to answer in the thread. I made a poll because I figured people would be more honest if their answer was anonymous. I thought people would give a more politically correct answer if I didn't. If yes, no, or the third option why or why not if you aren't afraid of making your answer public.

·
Registered
16,706 Posts
It would depend for me.

Definitely maybe though I have way better taste in women than my friends and the likelihood of them dating one of my conquests would be far more likely.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they did.

A lot of my sex buddies were really nice girls.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
So they were just **** buddies? I probably wouldn't.

Back when we were teenagers, my brother ****ed my ex immediately after I broke up with her (he didn't know we were broken up, great brother). I would never be able to touch her again. It's just icky to me and the image of them together is still burned into my memory.

But... Last year a friend I've had for 20 years had a ONS to lose his virginity (yeah, in his mid-30's). I knew about it, didn't care and slept with that woman a month later when I took the "if my wife can sleep around so can I" route. It's a weird and awkward feeling when I see that guy, and neither of us have anything to do with her now. Other friends also love to make jokes about it. I can't imagine dating her and bringing her around that guy and other friends...

It'd be too awkward and uncomfortable for me, and the potential for drama just isn't worth it.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Not only have I dated someone who has had a sexual relationship with a friend of mine in the past, I have had a sexual relationship with them as well

For example it turned out one of my sexual partners, had dated one of my friends in the past. I didn't know it at the time I asked her on our first date, or until I had sex with her on a number of occasions. Yet it turned out she not only knew my friend, she had dated him very briefly and had sex with him as well.

I was fine with it since I've never thought such things matter one way or the other. That isn't politically correct or otherwise, it's just I don't care about it (shrug). This also cuts both ways as well.

I have also shared sex with a few women who I was an acquaintance of one of their previous sexual partners.

I've also participated in one sexual fivesome, until I sobered up, changed my mind and then returned to the barracks. Plus I've had sex with four different women seperately to the fivesome, in front of friends as well when I was 17 and 21.

One woman who I dated and had sex with, then went on to date one of my friends later on. Before I started dating her again albeit briefly a few years later.

I shared sex on one occasion, with one woman at the beginning of her separation from her ex-husband. I was friends with her first and she was married when I met her, yet I also became friends with her husband as well before their marriage collapsed. Awhile after that I lost touch with her, until I met her by random chance years later while away with the Army, when I was married to my current wife. I Then spent the night at hers platonically catching up, and then met her fiancée in the morning. Later on my wife and I spent a few days at their place together and also went to their wedding. I have no idea if her husband knows we played together, yet my wife knows that I did, I think they're great together and he is a terrific guy.

Even one of my friends from school when he was 17, shared sex with one of my exes from when I was 16 who I had shared sex with.

At the end of the day I don't see what difference it makes, whether you have sex with someone who has had sex with a friend, acquaintance or stranger before hand.

Likewise I never thought it was a big deal that I had sex with one woman I had just met, before playing with another an hour later or the following day.

My wife was in a short lived sexual relationship with another man when we went on our first few dates and had sex. Likewise I was briefly sleeping with another women just before my wife asked me out on our first date as well.

That said I never had any drama as a consequence of sharing sex with people when I knew one of their previous sexual partners. Not that I don't think drama wasn't possible.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Not only have I dated someone who has had a sexual relationship with a friend of mine in the past, I have had a sexual relationship with them as well

For example it turned out one of my sexual partners, had dated one of my friends in the past. I didn't know it at the time I asked her on our first date, or until I had sex with her on a number of occasions. Yet it turned out she not only knew my friend, she had dated him very briefly and had sex with him as well.

I was fine with it since I've never thought such things matter one way or the other. That isn't politically correct or otherwise, it's just I don't care about it (shrug). This also cuts both ways as well.

I have also shared sex with a few women who I was an acquaintance of one of their previous sexual partners.

I've also participated in one sexual fivesome, until I sobered up, changed my mind and then returned to the barracks. Plus I've had sex with four different women seperately to the fivesome, in front of friends as well when I was 17 and 21.

One woman who I dated and had sex with, then went on to date one of my friends later on. Before I started dating her again albeit briefly a few years later.

I shared sex on one occasion, with one woman at the beginning of her separation from her ex-husband. I was friends with her first and she was married when I met her, yet I also became friends with her husband as well before their marriage collapsed. Awhile after that I lost touch with her, until I met her by random chance years later while away with the Army, when I was married to my current wife. I Then spent the night at hers platonically catching up, and then met her fiancée in the morning. Later on my wife and I spent a few days at their place together and also went to their wedding. I have no idea if her husband knows we played together, yet my wife knows that I did, I think they're great together and he is a terrific guy.

Even one of my friends from school when he was 17, shared sex with one of my exes from when I was 16 who I had shared sex with.

At the end of the day I don't see what difference it makes, whether you have sex with someone who has had sex with a friend, acquaintance or stranger before hand.

Likewise I never thought it was a big deal that I had sex with one woman I had just met, before playing with another an hour later or the following day.

My wife was in a short lived sexual relationship with another man when we went on our first few dates and had sex. Likewise I was briefly sleeping with another women just before my wife asked me out on our first date as well.

That said I never had any drama as a consequence of sharing sex with people when I knew one of their previous sexual partners. Not that I don't think drama wasn't possible.
Dear Penthouse.....

I joke!

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Dating is dating, marrying is another matter.

You said dating and did not mention having sexual relations with her. A considerable difference.

I never dated a woman only for sex.

I have dated women (in this situation) a few times, when young. Some who had sexual relations with a friend or an acquaintance.

This is all part of life and living. It normally should not be a big deal. If she slept with many people you know, then, no thanks, no snark, just not my type.

The same question should be asked of the ladies..(would you date a guy that had sex with some of your close friends?).

Are Dee-

Reactions: frusdil and jlg07

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Another thing...

Our loving hearts are not rational.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
My best friend in HS. I would not touch a girl with my dogs d××× after him. He screwed around alot. I once like a teen girl who had a baby. I was willing to try to step up. She was friendly with both of us. I told her how friend was with women and basically she could date him or me. She chose him and he screwed her a couple of times and was done. She then comes wining to me. Nope....I told you, and no were not going out now. You made your choice.

·
Registered
16,706 Posts
My best friend in HS. I would not touch a girl with my dogs d××× after him. He screwed around alot. I once like a teen girl who had a baby. I was willing to try to step up. She was friendly with both of us. I told her how friend was with women and basically she could date him or me. She chose him and he screwed her a couple of times and was done. She then comes wining to me. Nope....I told you, and no were not going out now. You made your choice.
I answered it depends because of situations like this.

There are some girls I avoided like the plague because of who they were already with.

I wouldn't be put off by a lady having a relationship with one of my friends that just didn't work but no real hard feelings.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You don't have to answer in the thread. I made a poll because I figured people would be more honest if their answer was anonymous. I thought people would give a more politically correct answer if I didn't. If yes, no, or the third option why or why not if you aren't afraid of making your answer public.
How far in the past and how it ended would be deciding factors, as well as how close of friends are we when I meet this hypothetical woman. As a generality, the answer is yes I would, with no problem. But if there is going to be issues between her and the friend, assuming I find out early on, forget it.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
It depends on many things. First, her character - and I do NOT have a problem with anyone having purely sexual relationships, unless it's an unhealthy preoccupation. Second, would my friend have an issue with me dating her? It seems unlikely, but my decision might be affected by their views if I truly value their friendship. Generally, it wouldn't be an issue for me in most cases. And I set up two of my best friends (I had a long term FWB situation with her, and we seriously considered a poly relationship too), so I know this scenario works for some other people.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
And I set up two of my best friends (I had a long term FWB situation with her, and we seriously considered a poly relationship too), so I know this scenario works for some other people.
My dad met my mom when his ex MIL tried to set him up with mom's roommate

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts