Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Maybe he likes being disrespected by his wife. Some guys do, nothing wrong with that. If that's your thing.
Hmmmm ... you have a point there. But if someone "enjoys" being disrespected, why complain about it? I guess one partner could enjoy being disrespected and also enjoy complaining about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Blondilocks

·
Registered
438 Posts
And, if the wife prefers an Alpha to who we are, wouldn't she go find the real deal rather than accepting an acting one?
Alpha males,
There aren't many around, they often don't marry, make bad partners, many women don't have the SMV to get one.
Their only choice is a Beta, or a house full of cats.

• Haha
Reactions: Rus47

·
Premium Member
16,730 Posts
I'm still hoping someone has a clear definition of what these words actually mean.
Alpha/Beta

You claim them when they make you shine.
And, when you feel that fame.

You disparage them when they make you shy.
And, when they make you feel lame.

Words as these can become dull excuses and pointed weapons.

For those thought, or felt a Beta, just more jealous longings

·
Registered
438 Posts
We all can’t be Norris or Hemsworth but we can still have and enjoy our own manly (aka alpha) stuff to do. Granted, you may not be able to change your wife’s opinion of you- sadly.
I always thought Chuck looked a bit weak.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I own and use several, not shy about it either, but am far from an alpha. Some people have problem with hunting, but buy from the meat market weekly.
I think "non-hunters" lump those that hunt all together even though there are three distinct types. And it gives all a bad name.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
On the internet. But a lot of it is just networking. Like they were talking about a couple of the customers were were friends small groups from their place of employment. When I first started working in the office over 10 years ago now, there was a guy there who did this type of trophy hunting. I know there's no way he could have afforded those kind of prices though so I'm not sure what kind of place he went to but when I first heard him describing it I thought it was a video game he was describing but it wasn't.
That's just CRAZY!!! Wouldn't a real hunting trip be cheaper and more exciting than that??

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
I think some people have a problem with "hunting" when it's done for fun.
I definitely have a problem with people who just enjoy killing. I once asked profiler John Douglas what he thought about sport hunting, because he had written about a guy who hunted humans in one of his early books. I asked him if he thought it was a vestigial trait. He said he wasn't sure if it was a vestigial trait but that it was definitely not good psychologically.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I think some people have a problem with "hunting" when it's done for fun.
Me too, as in I never hunted for fun, though I had fun while hunting. Now use a camera instead of a gun. These days am too old and lazy to field dress and process a kill anyway. Hours of hard work after firing one shot. And, actually always felt badly about taking a life. But that cant be avoided if one is to survive.

So I go to the meat market like everyone else, pay someone else to do the killing and processing. Same with fishing, easier to just buy a salmon than hours catching one.

Anyway, don't think this has much to do with alpha/beta so, apologies for that.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
? This went over my head, can you splain?
Sure. Any guy who thinks deer hunting needs to be akin to shooting fish in a barrel is an imitation man. He wants the antlers to mount on a wall and let people think he's a 'manly man' without telling them he had the animal closed in. Pathetic. Lies to himself as well as others.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I definitely have a problem with people who just enjoy killing. I once asked profiler John Douglas what he thought about sport hunting, because he had written about a guy who hunted humans in one of his early books. I asked him if he thought it was a vestigial trait. He said he wasn't sure if it was a vestigial trait but that it was definitely not good psychologically.
Where I live hunting is quite popular, but it is done as a family tradition and they use every bit of the animal. I think that is all good and is actually part of wildlife management and keeps the wild animal population healthy. Hunting just for the fun of it, especially corralled animals is just horrible. It is no surprise that many serial killers start off by killing animals simply for the fun of it.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts