Talk About Marriage banner

201 - 220 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
15,792 Posts
I had $$$ in my late 20s but definitely NOT the fitness. I was always the "fat" kid. I was to busy working, etc. to date anyway but my weight and looks would have kept me from dating.
Was married during my 30s and 40s so can't really comment on dating.
Now that I am single again in my 50's I can tell you that the women who do show interest in me tend to be younger (20s and 30s). What I find interesting is they do not know anything about me other then what I look like so maybe fitness does play a bigger role then what we think.
Interesting info!

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
I had $$$ in my late 20s but definitely NOT the fitness. I was always the "fat" kid. I was to busy working, etc. to date anyway but my weight and looks would have kept me from dating.
Was married during my 30s and 40s so can't really comment on dating.
Now that I am single again in my 50's I can tell you that the women who do show interest in me tend to be younger (20s and 30s). What I find interesting is they do not know anything about me other then what I look like so maybe fitness does play a bigger role then what we think.
Interesting. I won't disagree with you even though I'm jaded from seeing what I've seen living in S. Florida.

But you did prove my point about perception. You have 20/30 year olds interested so you can attract women.

·
Registered
15,792 Posts
I dressed like everyone else around here and drive a dirty pickup like everyone else. I blend in well
That's one thing I've never been able to accomplish.

It's interesting that the 20's and 30's are attracted.

I've been speculating for years about the selection of mates when it comes to younger men and the pickens honestly look a little slim to me.

It wouldn't surprise me that younger women might be looking for greener fields wherever they are.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Interesting. I won't disagree with you even though I'm jaded from seeing what I've seen living in S. Florida.

But you did prove my point about perception. You have 20/30 year olds interested so you can attract women.
Yes but are they are attracted for "superficial" reasons?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts

And I do have to throw this out there even though I know I am opening a can of worms.

I always worry about younger women being interested because I have no fascination with women with Daddy issues.

·
Registered
15,792 Posts
And I do have to throw this out there even though I know I am opening a can of worms.

I always worry about younger women being interested because I have no fascination with women with Daddy issues.
Maybe you are more masculine and hit more primal triggers than the younger guys they have available?

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
Maybe you are more masculine and hit more primal triggers than the younger guys they have available?
Maturity is a factor as well.

If the younger guys have their heads on straight, who knows but it's cool they find something attractive anyway.
I can get my "needs" met easily. That isn't hard. But finding someone to talk too? That's harder.

This is what I meant about intrinsic values. 6 pack abs and a six figure salary will only attract so much. Have you seen or heard of those young men who make millions of dollars streaming themselves playing computer games, yet they are as mature as gnats? As a parent, would you want your daughters to marry one of those guys?

Most young women of quality want a mature partner who makes her feel SAFE (defined by whatever characteristics that means). Money and abs can come and go. Maturity is usually tougher to get rid of.

201 - 220 of 238 Posts