Talk About Marriage banner

181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
15,792 Posts
I had the abs but I wasn't tall enough or wealthy enough to hit the other criteria.

Fortunately for me, the women chasing me hadn't even imagined OLD yet!😋

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
LoL! Damn that's harsh man!🤣
I don't normally share stories about my day to day life but I will tell you this one to show you what I mean.
A couple of months ago I was at a party and was chatting up this woman who I thought was attractive. She was nice, made with the small talk but didn't really show any interest. That's fine, either it's there or it's not. I understand that.
Anyway, after I walked away she turned to the girl beside her and said that she would let me but only doggiestyle so she didn't have to look at my face.
The girl she said it too was the wife of my foreman, that's how I found out.

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
I have never done OLD, heard to many horror stories.

I am just basing the 2/3 on the fact that I usually get a disgusted look in 2 out of every 3 people I meet. Hahaha
I'm not going to say that your perceptions are untrue but I will say that perceptions are sometimes based on a narrative we tell ourselves to fill in gaps that may not have anything to do with us. Ask me how I know 🙄. Our minds can be both wonderful and dangerous.

However, now that you've brought it up.... The OP mentioned that physical fitness, 100k salary, not marrying prior to 30, and having lots of relationships before getting hitched. You mentioned 3 of the 4. Do you think there's truth in the OP?

·
Registered
15,792 Posts
I don't normally share stories about my day to day life but I will tell you this one to show you what I mean.
A couple of months ago I was at a party and was chatting up this woman who I thought was attractive. She was nice, made with the small talk but didn't really show any interest. That's fine, either it's there or it's not. I understand that.
Anyway, after I walked away she turned to the girl beside her and said that she would let me but only doggiestyle so she didn't have to look at my face.
What a *****!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I'm not going to say that your perceptions are untrue but I will say that perceptions are sometimes based on a narrative we tell ourselves to fill in gaps that may not have anything to do with us. Ask me how I know 🙄. Our minds can be both wonderful and dangerous.

However, now that you've brought it up.... The OP mentioned that physical fitness, 100k salary, not marrying prior to 30, and having lots of relationships before getting hitched. You mentioned 3 of the 4. Do you think there's truth in the OP?
Yes and no.
I believe the first two do increase your dating pool.
The third can be looked at two ways. And these apply to both men and women. 1: If you are concentrating on your career or business then yes I can see waiting till you are 30 to get married. 2: Somebody mentioned the nowadays the 20's are the new teens. I believe this from what I see around me. So thinking that way a majority of people would not be emotionally or mentally ready for marriage before 30.
The fourth is just ridiculous

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
Seriously??! How old was this woman?? She sounds like a mean girl who grew old.

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
Yes and no.
I believe the first two do increase your dating pool.
The third can be looked at two ways. And these apply to both men and women. 1: If you are concentrating on your career or business then yes I can see waiting till you are 30 to get married. 2: Somebody mentioned the nowadays the 20's are the new teens. I believe this from what I see around me. So thinking that way a majority of people would not be emotionally or mentally ready for marriage before 30.
The fourth is just ridiculous
So having experienced singledom in your twenties and now again 40+, do you think physical fitness and 100k salaries provides you a bigger dating pool? And if not, what do you think does?

I'm not picking on your but you're about the only one on here who's posted that you've got the physical fitness and $$$ AND actually experienced this as a 20 something/30 something.

Eta:. And is currently single and experiencing the dating world.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
So having experienced singledom in your twenties and now again 40+, do you think physical fitness and 100k salaries provides you a bigger dating pool? And if not, what do you think does?

I'm not picking on your but you're about the only one on here who's posted that you've got the physical fitness and $$$ AND actually experienced this as a 20 something/30 something.
I had $$$ in my late 20s but definitely NOT the fitness. I was always the "fat" kid. I was to busy working, etc. to date anyway but my weight and looks would have kept me from dating.
Was married during my 30s and 40s so can't really comment on dating.
Now that I am single again in my 50's I can tell you that the women who do show interest in me tend to be younger (20s and 30s). What I find interesting is they do not know anything about me other then what I look like so maybe fitness does play a bigger role then what we think.

181 - 200 of 238 Posts