Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Premium Member
5,209 Posts
Ignorant or not, I personally find many Southerners or people with Southern drawls offensive. Many raise their voices. They are often patronizing toward us Yankees like we don't know crap from Shinola. The South is a hate culture. As a person raised and educated in the San Francisco Bay Area in California, I find the people of New England, especially New Hampshire, much more pleasing to listen to while they are speaking. This is northern Yankee culture. I love Yankee culture. My personality does not mesh with the South.
I find people like you to be bigoted, chauvinist pieces of garbage, but that is your right. Luckily most people see you for what you are. A coward afraid of the big bad boogieman, in whatever form that takes in your mind.

I can't believe you call the South hate culture in a post where you itemized all the things you hate. Quite ironic, lol.

· Registered
374 Posts
Ignorant or not, I personally find many Southerners or people with Southern drawls offensive. Many raise their voices. They are often patronizing toward us Yankees like we don't know crap from Shinola. The South is a hate culture. As a person raised and educated in the San Francisco Bay Area in California, I find the people of New England, especially New Hampshire, much more pleasing to listen to while they are speaking. This is northern Yankee culture. I love Yankee culture. My personality does not mesh with the South.
This is some real bad scriptwriting.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
This is some real bad scriptwriting.
I have often been spoken down upon and yelled at, like a child, by folks in or from the South. They like to tell you what to do and how to do it. They like to tell you thet YOU are wrong. They criticize a lot. They seem to often be disagreeable. Every turkey I've ever seen on American soil with a turban on speaks with some weird accent that is absolutely not American. If it's not "middle eastern", then I don't know what the devil to call it. Anyway, such people are not my cup of tea and they are an abomination in my sight. I don't want to be around such people. I'm not interested in their culture. If the VA provides me such a "doctor" as one wearing a turban, I will summarily ask for another doctor. I don't want to even be touched by any "Middle Eastern" people. I don't like people with Russian accents also. They tend to be very rude.

I want to be treated with respect and spoken to like an adult human being.

· Registered
5,815 Posts
If only you were inclined to treat other people with respect, and spoke to them like adults and human beings. You might warrant, deserving to be treated as you desire.

Unfortunately it looks like that kind of thing, just isn’t in your wheelhouse.

· Registered
9,705 Posts
That's funny. You don't know much about the South then.

· Registered
9,705 Posts
You find a southerner's accent offensive. That's unusual.

What other culture's accent do you find offensive? Be brave and share.

It seems apparent this is a stir the pot thread but I'll play.

Btw I'm typing with a southern accent. Can u tell?

· Registered
9,705 Posts
If only you were inclined to treat other people with respect, and spoke to them like adults and human beings. You might warrant, deserving to be treated as you desire.

Unfortunately it looks like that kind of thing, just isn’t in your wheelhouse.
He was raised in northern California. So he's tolerant of different opinions unless the opinion is different than his.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I'm just much too old-fashioned to be in this forum, I guess. You punks all know everything. I can't tell you anything so I will stop beating a dead horse here. My American Baby Boomer ass doesn't know a mole hill from a mouse turd. I give up. I'm done.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
I have often been spoken down upon and yelled at, like a child, by folks in or from the South. They like to tell you what to do and how to do it. They like to tell you thet YOU are wrong. They criticize a lot. They seem to often be disagreeable. Every turkey I've ever seen on American soil with a turban on speaks with some weird accent that is absolutely not American. If it's not "middle eastern", then I don't know what the devil to call it. Anyway, such people are not my cup of tea and they are an abomination in my sight. I don't want to be around such people. I'm not interested in their culture. If the VA provides me such a "doctor" as one wearing a turban, I will summarily ask for another doctor. I don't want to even be touched by any "Middle Eastern" people. I don't like people with Russian accents also. They tend to be very rude.

If the bolded is what you're after, have you considered treating others with that same respect that you wish for yourself?

· Registered
4,214 Posts
2. excessive foreign influence from the East, too many foreigners from the East outside of Western culture
NOT COOL - you are considered from EAST you know, taking over American Indian lands and killing them all. you can start by leaving the country
Good lord, where to begin??? They didn't "kill them all." What a ludicrous and incorrect statement to make. Jeez.

I love it when Americans start whining about what savages we were hundreds of years ago and how "we" took the land from the Indians.

Man has taken other man's land since the dawn of time. Isn't that what most wars are about? LAND? Isn't that what Putin is trying to do right this minute with Ukraine? It's what men DO - they fight over land for dominance! Can we STOP with the damned constant nonsense about what horrible people WE were for taking the land from the Indians as if we were the only country to ever do this???? I wasn't there, so I don't take any part of that blame. I also take zero blame for other past egregious actions that our forefathers or ancestors committed throughout the years. I'm sick and tired of having to 'answer' to a certain part of this country's citizens for crap I didn't do. SICK of it.

To those who want to continually whine about what horrible people "we" were for taking the Indians' land so long ago, how about you give your house and your property to an Indian and you go live on the reservation since you're so offended and horrified by it? Otherwise, bringing this up as though you actually give a rat's ass is just a bunch of useless VIRTUE SIGNALING.

· Registered
1,749 Posts
California is not yankee. I think it’s kind of nutty which fits you

· Registered
1,749 Posts

You were in the service? Grow a pair. Voices bug you, ffs

41 - 60 of 64 Posts