Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
going bankrupt. Is anyone familiar with the recent problems it's been having?
The problems have been going on since the beginning of the organization. It's just that people protected predators instead of children back in the day. Now more people protect children and predators are being hunted, thankfully. Law suits over the organization's protection of predators in the past is bankrupting them now.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
As bad as it may sound it’s probably for the best.

It’s no longer as it once was. Too many divisions, and hate.

There are now too many divisions.

Exclusive Girl, Boy Scouts troops.

Exclusive Muslim only Boy Scouts.

Then the boys troops being forced to go coed and take girls.
Not a requirement for the Muslim troops yet that I have found yet though.

Saddening.

ETA: when I was in all races, and beliefs were supposed to get along in the troops.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
As bad as it may sound it’s probably for the best.

It’s no longer as it once was. Too many divisions, and hate.

There are now too many divisions.

Exclusive Girl, Boy Scouts troops.

Exclusive Muslim only Boy Scouts.

Then the boys troops being forced to go coed and take girls.
Not a requirement for the Muslim troops yet that I have found yet though.

Saddening.

ETA: when I was in all races, and beliefs were supposed to get along in the troops.
None of this has anything to do with the fact that some of the leaders have been molesting boys for decades.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
None of this has anything to do with the fact that some of the leaders have been molesting boys for decades.
I agree.
Just saying due to all the combined, including your point it just isn't nor will it be much for the future I'm afraid/

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Catholic Church Not About To Be Out-Molested By Goddamn Boy Scouts

“If some pissant organization like the Scouts thinks they can beat us at the molestation game, then they have another ****ing thing coming,” said Pope Francis, directing his message to the Scouts’ leaders as he stressed that a couple thousand piddling cases was a drop in the bucket compared to the generations of sexual abuse that had made the Catholic Church number-one in molestation for centuries on end.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Catholic Church Not About To Be Out-Molested By Goddamn Boy Scouts

“If some pissant organization like the Scouts thinks they can beat us at the molestation game, then they have another ****ing thing coming,” said Pope Francis, directing his message to the Scouts’ leaders as he stressed that a couple thousand piddling cases was a drop in the bucket compared to the generations of sexual abuse that had made the Catholic Church number-one in molestation for centuries on end.
If only.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
What I find really sad is that the organization, as it stands on paper, is a really good idea. Many, many kids have benefited from it. I know a number of men that went through to Eagle Scouts which really helped them in many way, the least of which was to help them get into the college of their choice.

My cousin's son has been in a troop for most of his life. He is an 8th grader and had hoped to get his Eagle Scout. It's a goal he set for himself. He and his Dad have been involved and done many, many cool trips, educational opportunities, volunteering, etc for many years together. They'll be very sad if it all has to end.

It sickens me that these organizations that are supposed to stand for something really good ruin it by overlooking serious crimes in the name of saving face. It's supposed to be about teaching boys how to be good, strong, confident adults and that's the very last thing a kid learns when he's being abused.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
I was a Boy Scout. Some of the funnest times of my youth. Sad that this has occurred.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts