Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I set a camera up in my office and she unplugged it when she started staying here. She actually came to visit a month ago or so and screamed at me for having an indoor camera saying she said no indoor cameras in our house because people hack them... I said I don't care Im the one living here and she unplugged it when I went to the gym and put it in the closet - I just decided to move it to my office instead - where she still, unplugged it instead of just shutting my office door...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
She came over last night for dinner and she requested a divorce - I agreed however, she wants to get a mediator instead of lawyers (cause she is broke) and does not want anything that isn't fair, she does not want alimony, health care, or anything except a house buyout, her car changed to her name and a split of everything in the home.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
While she is wanting out at all costs to pursue whomever or whatever, I passionately encourage you to get the papers drawn up TODAY. Don’t let your attorney delay you. They can have their paralegal draw all this crap up with cut and paste literally in a few minutes.
Wjen you tell what she said to a good attorneythat’s not trying to screw you, they will understand the sense of urgency and act accordingly.

what she says now will CHANGE. Act now. Now. NOW. Please. I can’t stress the importance of doing it right now enough.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Divorce has been filed - I found out while I was away on vacation she had an appraiser in the home without telling me and got the entire house appraised.. the house was appraised 100k over what we purchased it for in 2020. Now I am in a situation of trying to figure out how to buy her out of the home as she wants 50k... the issue is my father who is a contractor did a complete remodel of our kitchen last August for free.. that added about 60k to the home which screwed me.

·
Registered
19,273 Posts
Divorce has been filed - I found out while I was away on vacation she had an appraiser in the home without telling me and got the entire house appraised.. the house was appraised 100k over what we purchased it for in 2020. Now I am in a situation of trying to figure out how to buy her out of the home as she wants 50k... the issue is my father who is a contractor did a complete remodel of our kitchen last August for free.. that added about 60k to the home which screwed me.
Make sure you get 2 or three more valuations/apprasals.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
She is truly trying to screw you out of every dime she can. One REALLY sees true colors during a divorce. Please remember this leopard’s spots. Bravo for filing.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Could you say you both owe your dad £60000 for the work he did on your house. That way she will owe you £30000.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts