Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
31601 - 31620 of 34754 Posts

· Premium Member
10,009 Posts
How long have you been seeing her? I wouldn't sleep with anyone after only a few dates! It could be morals and values.
Agreed! Seriously, you EXPECT sex after the first date??

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
:(

All of this is so fking complicated!!! :banghead:

Going to my corner now...

Meh, screw it, I don't know what to do or how to deal with this, I'm out of my element now, I haven't dated in a year, no sex, trained my mind to be content with single daddyhood, all of this is now alien to me. Ego is shot to sh-t as well - about time too. Meh

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Oooooooook... well... she called me earlier, told her I was with my kid, and that was that, she asked for a better time and told her to call later tonight. Meh, think I'll wait for her call before deciding anything, wonder what she has to say, strange that she called (bad sign actually), the ball was on my court to call/text her, she already sent me a msg last night.

She's a country girl, moved down to the city for work, not studying, working full-time, volunteers with animals, not religious, she's very bubbly - her behavior is youngish, but she's not stupid, can hold a conversation, just... "giggity" *sigh*, as bimboish her method of speech can be, she's polite, friendly with strangers, has a confident but not uptight walk. Never married, no kids, has a sister, reckons my daughter is cute and pretty, enjoys hearing my stories about her. Had a few stares from onlookers during our date, but didn't bother her.

I dunno... I hate to fking admit it but I was actually starting to like her, but hey she'll probably call me tonight to tell me she had a great time but don't want to waste my time so bye bye "player"! -.- Oh well, at least that will shut up brain #2 for a while.

Brain #1: "Told you so, see? Drama drama drama! Celibacy is the way to go!"
Brain #2: :(
Brain #1: :p

Bah!

· Registered
1,207 Posts
She might want to set some boundaries.

Maybe this girl knows exactly what she wants and you fit the bill, -the aloof first impression, and persistent second impression... She doesn't know where you are at, just be real with her, tell her, "I gave up on dating and sex for awhile," sorry my approach isn't as smooth as it used to be.

Let her take the lead for a bit if you want to see her some more.

I got wicked drunk on a first date, spent the night with the girl cause she wouldn't let me drive, and thought I would never hear from her again, her and I talk daily, I had to let her take the lead because she is so unsure of me.

"Giggity Giggity!"

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Guys! Ok well, she was quite blunt, she called, asking if I got her text. Told her I was just a tad tired to reply, by her tone I felt like she wanted some sort of validation so I told her I had fun too. Anyway as we carried along, we talked about last night and she said she didn't want me to have the wrong impression, after asking her what she meant, she meant the impression being that she wasn't attracted. Anyway so I told her not to worry about it, and she asked me out for a road trip next week! So... yeah :eek:

Brain #1:

Brain #2:

I admit I'm starting to like her - except that she seems to have decided that "player" is to be my new nickname. *sigh*

How original... oh well

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Errr, depends, my definition of "blunt" is like; forward/upfront.

We've been texting tonight, I told her it's been a while for me, and that I didn't intend to be so forward, just misread her signals. Surprised she's still giving me a chance after two big screw ups. First date was meh, second date I was too forward. I dunno, I couldn't really put a finger around the type of girl she is. I went to the second date assuming she's just after sex, so instead of making a move to initiate sex with a potential FWB, should have used that moment for a first kiss instead - ya know, like one should do for a date. In the end, we don't really know each other, only starting to scratch the surface.

Oh well, what's done is done. My gut tells me I can't afford another screw up if I want to continue dating her.

Feel like an idiot actually... but meh, she asked me out so it's not over yet I guess.

*sigh* Wish I can turn back time now actually

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
First kiss...

Now it's starting to make a bit of sense, correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps this is why she's still giving me a shot, cause there's still one card I haven't played - the first kiss. That's the usual determinant of a date's chemistry right? If we kiss and no feeling then alright, fun dates but lets move on... but not all hope is lost, just have to make sure I don't make anymore moves to sex her, and make our first kiss magical.

Right?
I'm trying to figure out why she called and asked me out after me screwing up 2x

· Registered
1,207 Posts
I would just follow her lead. If she starts touching you, or her hugs are longer (you know the ones where you feel uncomfortable not kissing) then just stare at her mouth while still holding her, if her hands move up to your neck or down to your ass, plant one on her. If her hands move to your sides, she's not interested, that's her 'turning' you away. She won't even know she's speaking with these cues, but you can tell what she is thinking.

Big thing is, stop speculating, study her body language, study her. Not only that the crazy amounts of intention you give by studying her actions and words might really turn her on.

"Giggity Giggity!"

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
First date after a year and already she's making me work for my money -.-

I think I lost it, like I should have had a better approach, now I'm like on date-recovery mode.
What the hell happened to me in a year? I must have lost a few IQ points or something...

Bah

· Registered
1,673 Posts
First date after a year and already she's making me work for my money -.-

I think I lost it, like I should have had a better approach, now I'm like on date-recovery mode.
What the hell happened to me in a year? I must have lost a few IQ points or something...

Bah

Rusty .

Wondering too about my own skills .

· Registered
1,434 Posts
RD, I think you're way overthinking all this. And that's coming from someone famous for overthinking things. Go out, have fun, no expectations, just go with flow and be honest where you're at. You got this man!
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
1,434 Posts
D9 went to a sleepover with friends last night. I had YG over and had flowers waiting. I cooked shrimp kebabs on the grill. We had more great fun and spent another night together. Woo hoo!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: 3Xnocharm

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
RD, I think you're way overthinking all this. And that's coming from someone famous for overthinking things. Go out, have fun, no expectations, just go with flow and be honest where you're at. You got this man!
Posted via Mobile Device
You're right...

I seem to be rather emotionally vulnerable now it seems too, after a year of celibacy, emotions/feelings all haywire.

BTW she's hard to read for some reason, I don't know if it's just me 'cause I'm rusty or she's just weird. Like up until yesterday I thought she's bimboish based on her mannerism and body language. Meh

What's with that? Giggity giggity!

31601 - 31620 of 34754 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.