Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
28661 - 28680 of 34754 Posts

· Registered
4,411 Posts
My father passed away. I think he had a stroke. I held his hand and said goodbye, but I am still in shock. For most of my life, he was my best friend. I talked to him every day. I don't know how I will get through this, or even if I can.
I'm very sorry.
It's not everyone who gets to leave this life having their hand held by someone who loves them. In your heart there will always be what he gave you; he won't ever be too far away.

· Premium Member
10,009 Posts
My father passed away. I think he had a stroke. I held his hand and said goodbye, but I am still in shock. For most of my life, he was my best friend. I talked to him every day. I don't know how I will get through this, or even if I can.
Moxy, I am SO sorry, I had been watching here to hoping to see a positive update.

I can relate because I just lost my stepfather a week ago today. His lungs just went into failure from his battle with lung cancer. Us kids were all by his side when he went.

Hugs to you.

· Registered
3,084 Posts
I am so sorry for you loss Moxy. I miss our conversations from last year, remember?? Please message me if you need anything at all.

Take care, hugs and kisses

· Banned
2,198 Posts
I haven't texted reporter gal since we chatted last weekend (and she hasn't texted me). I'm not sure if I should initiate or not. She's playing it cool, I'm playing it cool. I left it at "well, shoot me a text when you're back from Vancouver if you want to get together". She texted me from the road for some small talk.

Am I being an idiot? Should I just text her? Is she waiting for me to initiate? I'm attracted to her, but I don't chase women (like I chased her back in '96) and my "meh, take it or leave it" attitude is pretty strong. Do I need to be the one putting in the effort, making the move? She's a beautiful woman. Smart, sophisticated. I'm nearly 40 - I feel dumb playing games - if that's what this is. But I am a much different, more guarded, aloof person now (in regards to relationships) than I was before my divorce.

Thoughts, ladies (and gents)?

· Registered
612 Posts
I haven't texted reporter gal since we chatted last weekend (and she hasn't texted me). I'm not sure if I should initiate or not. She's playing it cool, I'm playing it cool. I left it at "well, shoot me a text when you're back from Vancouver if you want to get together". She texted me from the road for some small talk.

Am I being an idiot? Should I just text her? Is she waiting for me to initiate? I'm attracted to her, but I don't chase women (like I chased her back in '96) and my "meh, take it or leave it" attitude is pretty strong. Do I need to be the one putting in the effort, making the move? She's a beautiful woman. Smart, sophisticated. I'm nearly 40 - I feel dumb playing games - if that's what this is. But I am a much different, more guarded, aloof person now (in regards to relationships) than I was before my divorce.

Thoughts, ladies (and gents)?

Text her. I know I for one dont text/contact the man first especially when we are first dating. Men pursue when they are interested. Besides, it says alot about a man that will go after what he wants. Its nice and very attractive trait.
TEXT HER if you are interested. Otherwise, someone else who sees her potential will do it and you could miss out.

· Registered
475 Posts
Text her. I know I for one dont text/contact the man first especially when we are first dating. Men pursue when they are interested. Besides, it says alot about a man that will go after what he wants. Its nice and very attractive trait.
TEXT HER if you are interested. Otherwise, someone else who sees her potential will do it and you could miss out.
:iagree:
She's already texted you from the road right? She's opened the door. So now its your turn to ask her for another date and firm up the plans.

· Registered
7,118 Posts
I agree. You have nothing to lose by texting her. If she doesn't respond, then she's not interested... and she might be under the impression that if you're not texting, YOU'RE not interested.
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
855 Posts
This floored me. So sorry for your loss Moxy - my thoughts are with you. Praying you can alternate your grieving with celebrating your father's life and the special bond you obviously shared.

· Premium Member
24,143 Posts
Caught a cold it seems... *sigh* don't usually get one. Have to cancel everything... don't know what's going to happen with poker face, think she'll be gone by the time I recover, considering first impressions aren't as strong as I would have liked.

Think I've come to acknowledge the 'disconnect' in relation to my gut feeling about the date too (I didn't feel the chemistry was as strong), and yet her seemingly interested behavior. Sure, I could be thinking too much, but I trust my instincts, and it's saying something. Something is off. What is it trying to tell me? So far the most logical conclusion I've come up with adding two and two together is that she could be just rebounding hence the show of interest despite the rather mediocre first impressions.

Meh

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Caught a cold it seems... *sigh* don't usually get one. Have to cancel everything... don't know what's going to happen with poker face, think she'll be gone by the time I recover, considering first impressions aren't as strong as I would have liked.

Think I've come to acknowledge the 'disconnect' in relation to my gut feeling about the date too (I didn't feel the chemistry was as strong), and yet her seemingly interested behavior. Sure, I could be thinking too much, but I trust my instincts, and it's saying something. Something is off. What is it trying to tell me? So far the most logical conclusion I've come up with adding two and two together is that she could be just rebounding hence the show of interest despite the rather mediocre first impressions.

Meh
Too much thinking, too many words, too much logic. Two and two is not going to add up to 4 in the reality you want to experience.

If you want to connect with someone, it's not going to be possible with all those words in the way.

· Registered
475 Posts

Meh
You NEED to ask her out for a second date - when you're feeling better. You are way over thinking the first date. If there is any chemistry at all, give it a second chance in a different venue. She's showing interest, period. Why are you analyzing that in a negative way? Go for it! If, on the second one, you still feel meh, then move on. But at least give it a chance first.

28661 - 28680 of 34754 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.