Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a lighter note, just a bit curious about this. Why, on a site such as this, when the topics of anal sex, group sex, blow jobs, hand jobs and sex of all different styles and varieties, do people still use the ***** when typing certain words? It's silly that someone will describe numerous sex acts in great detail, yet when talking about ****ty behavior, for example, they will type '****y behavior'. On a site that deals with adult relationships and sexual behavior I just don't understand why people won't type out certain words. We are all adults here, right. I find it comical. Anyone else?

But, then again, I could be wrong. In which case, I guess I'm just a ****** *******. :)

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I believe it has to do with a persons morals. Some are not comfortable typing out what they feel are bad words.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have actually typed out words like that before, but then when I hit post, it automatically takes certain letters out. I have not tried that here, but when I belonged to another site it did that.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
The site is set up to do that automatically and the only way to beat it is to misspell the word like slvt or b!tch which in some way is less offensive than the actual word in my opinion. Softens it somehow.

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huh. Auto-editor. Hadn't thought about that for a site like this. So you can graphically described any gross, deviant sex act. But, if I type '*****' or '****', I might get edited. That's hilarious.

Reactions: tracyishere

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AND I DID!!!!!!!! Gotta love it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yeah, someone on here has a signature about "set the c0ck free".

That's another word you can't spell on here...even if you're trying to write:
  • c0ckney accent
  • c0ck-sure
  • c0ck-of-the-walk
  • c0cky [email protected]
  • C0ckaigne
  • the c0ck crows three times (Biblical allusion)
  • the c0ck crows at midnight (literary allusion)
etc.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Shy guy...... Awesome dude. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: humanbecoming

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
Joe ****er
**** Nixon
Oscar *******

·
Registered
14,982 Posts
In our kitchen we have ceramic adult male chicken. I refer to the "fighting cøcks" as William and Richard.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I try not to censor my words but autocorrect does it for me.I tried replacing letters with similar letters to avoid it but was told by mods it wasn't ok to do that so now I just use a few * in between the first and last letter.

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I said before. You can describe, in great detail, all types of graphic sex acts, but certain words are censored. I think the moderators need to get over themselves and correct this nonsense. But, whatever.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Like I said before. You can describe, in great detail, all types of graphic sex acts, but certain words are censored. I think the moderators need to get over themselves and correct this nonsense. But, whatever.
I wouldn't go that far.If I understand correctly,the mods don't make the rules here,they just try to make sure everyone is being mature and conducting themselves within the site rules including language.Language is most likely censored bc the members are from all backgrounds.Not censoring it might drive people away bc they find foul language and crude words to be offensive and unnecessary.I'd rather have the little **** over my foul words than lose people who might be able to offer valuable advice and support.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I'd dazzle you all with my ability to side-step auto-filters, and invoke amazement and envy with my uncensored "f*ck"s and "sh*t"s, but I've come to like it here.

That, and the possibility that few of you would find it that cool after all.

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wouldn't go that far.If I understand correctly,the mods don't make the rules here,they just try to make sure everyone is being mature and conducting themselves within the site rules including language.Language is most likely censored bc the members are from all backgrounds.Not censoring it might drive people away bc they find foul language and crude words to be offensive and unnecessary.I'd rather have the little **** over my foul words than lose people who might be able to offer valuable advice and support.
I just think it's humorous that someone would not be offended by gang bangs, bukkake and numerous other crude references, yet the word sl*t bothers them. It's funny where the line is drawn sometimes.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I just think it's humorous that someone would not be offended by gang bangs, bukkake and numerous other crude references, yet the word sl*t bothers them. It's funny where the line is drawn sometimes.
LOL ok now I can see the confusion.I've never run a website but I wonder if maybe it's some sort of filter application that censors whatever the application developers felt was bad? if they censored phrases like gang bang you'd never be able to use the words gang or bang in perfectly innocent context.And bukkake might slip by because it's slang that many people never heard of before.I didn't know what it meant til a few years ago when I heard it then had to google it.
*shoulder shrug* I just don't know :confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.