Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that it’s harder to recover when the OW/M was a friend of the BS?

The OW in my situation was a good friend of mine and she continued to play the part of “friend” while she was f**king my husband. We still talked regularly, went shopping and she came to my home during this time.

Now I feel doubly stupid for missing it, and wonder if it is really possible to get past their A.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
UGH!! I didnt know the OW, only "of" her and that she worked with my WH.

I hope you have sense taught her a lesson about how friends treat friends!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I would think that would make it harder because you were not just betrayed by your H but by your friend as well. So now you are dealing with trust issues with your H and your friends currently and in the future.

Please tell me she is no longer a friend of yours?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I think it's even more disrespectful. My wife's OM came to our house. I even cooked for him on two occasions. Just sucks, makes me angry, but I can't change it, so no good comes from obsessing about it:(

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Of course it's harder - you were betrayed by your husband and friend. Normally, when we're hurt, we would turn to a friend, in this case...

Reactions: MattMatt

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, we are definitely not friends any longer...LOL

I had a few things to say to her, but once I found out about them, I could never contact her. She didn't answer my calls or emails.

She still lives in the same town as us and her ex (they split-up a few months before her A with my H started) still lives across the street from me, so I'll run into her at some point. I'm not really sure what I'll do when that happens.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Of course it's harder - you were betrayed by your husband and friend. Normally, when we're hurt, we would turn to a friend, in this case...
:iagree:

A so-called friend of mine owes me around $700. Now, this won't make or break me but I sometimes seethe at the betrayal of my trust. I can only imagine how I would feel if a trusted friend had slept with my ex.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
No, we are definitely not friends any longer...LOL

I had a few things to say to her, but once I found out about them, I could never contact her. She didn't answer my calls or emails.

She still lives in the same town as us and her ex (they split-up a few months before her A with my H started) still lives across the street from me, so I'll run into her at some point. I'm not really sure what I'll do when that happens.
Im not the fighting type but when I just so happened to bump into the OW at the softball fields where my WH was playing ball, and where she should never have been....I had a few words with her. She tried to walk away while I was talking to her so I had to "discipline" her!! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I'm not a fighting type either...but I must admit it would feel good to throw a glass of wine in her face or something of that nature. :D

·
Super Moderator
29,372 Posts
No, I'm not a fighting type either...but I must admit it would feel good to throw a glass of wine in her face or something of that nature. :D
My advice? Drink the wine. Throw water in her face, instead!:D

Can you act? When you next see her act as though the affair never happened.

A really evil idea would be to say: "Something happened to me. I lost my memory of the last xx months. Doctor says it must have been a traumatic even that I am blocking out. Can you help me by filling in the details of any of the major events that happened in my life?" :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm right there with you. The OW was a childhood friend of mine, lost touch but we ended up working together but never hung out. Went to each other's weddings. Share x-mas cards, texted on FB here and there. Then out of the ble (which was also the time MH and OW where having A) she messaged me and asked if we wanted to hang out for dinner and drinks. I thought we were friends and to go out with an other couple was fun. WTF was I thinking. That night she was flirting with him so much but did not want to seem like I was the jeoulous type.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Wow.
The OM in my case actually told me (via email effin chickensh!t) that "if naga's wife hadnt turned us against each other, we'd probably be 'cool'".

Lol. Wut.
I told him probably not, because none of my other friends were scumbags.
But, the next time he saw me, to be sure to introduce himself. Id buy him a beer. And then i would beat him into a coma.
He never took me up on my offer. Amazingly enough.
A friend? I dont know if i could have handled that would have been the proverbial straw that broke this camels back.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
My wife's OM was a friend of mine, but only by association through her, so it's not the same thing at all.

I couldn't imagine my friend being around me, etc, when that was going on. I wouldn't have your restraint!!

The OM did, however, accept our invitation to my 40th birthday party before DDay. It was quickly revoked.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm still questioning how I missed what was going on until the last few weeks of their affair.
She was my "friend", rather then a family friend. When she came by, my WH would carry on with whatever he was doing rather then sit and socialize with us. I never caught them flirting or anything like that.
I started to get that "feeling" from him that something was going on, but I had no idea who it was with. When I found his secret e-mail account and saw his emails to her, I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach.
In retrospect, I feel a little bit like I handed him over to her. I told her everything she needed to appeal to him.:(

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm still questioning how I missed what was going on until the last few weeks of their affair.
She was my "friend", rather then a family friend. When she came by, my WH would carry on with whatever he was doing rather then sit and socialize with us. I never caught them flirting or anything like that.
I started to get that "feeling" from him that something was going on, but I had no idea who it was with. When I found his secret e-mail account and saw his emails to her, I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach.
In retrospect, I feel a little bit like I handed him over to her. I told her everything she needed to appeal to him.:(
Don't kick your self. It's not your fault. Some cheaters get a kick out of having OM/OW right in front of you. If people want to deceive, they usually can pull it off, even in front of the most intelligent and/or perceptive people.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This last month has been really hard and I thank everyone for their comments. Our MC really downplayed to role the OW being my friend would have in our R. It's good to know I'm not wrong on this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.