Talk About Marriage banner
1341 - 1360 of 1363 Posts

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,341 ·
That is sweet.

And now I feel like a super crappy wife :LOL: as recently we were walking the dogs and Batman scooped up a few wildflowers and handed to me all cute-like. My response was laughing (not meanly) and with 'eww... dogs have probably peed on those..' It really is highly likely, based on where we walk and lots of other dogs go there. And so I didn't take them.

Oh man, that's bad isn't it. I better check myself before I wreck myself.
Well....I have to say the dog-pee thing would have given me pause as well...Lol!!!

That's the beauty of the highway flowers - NO ONE can get there to soil them!

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Well....I have to say the dog-pee thing would have given me pause as well...Lol!!!

That's the beauty of the highway flowers - NO ONE can get there to soil them!
:LOL:

And when he brought home the posy, he said he wanted to get me some flowers... minus any dog pee.

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
You realize your descriptions of your interactions with Pogo either sound really complimentary or dysfunctional right? I can't make up my mind!

When I say let him go, I meant no reconnecting... block and move on.
It's probably dysfunctional because I don't want to block him.

The dating landscape is a horrible wasteland. It's the equivalent of Squid Games. I do not want to go back there. Knowing that there is someone that isn't involved n the wasteland and is willing to give me what I want, even if temporarily, is too much for me to pass up.

It would be so much easier if Pogo would just move on. It would make accepting my situation so much easier.

I have had people tell me that you attract what you put out into the universe but what if that's all baloney? What if it's all luck and circumstance?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I don't know why anyone uses OLD. It has always been a **** show.

I have three stable partners and two that come and go. I met them all through real life shared interest groups.

Well, except my wife. I met her on yahoo personals.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Picking up a hobby is the quickest way to find a partner.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
It's probably dysfunctional because I don't want to block him.

The dating landscape is a horrible wasteland. It's the equivalent of Squid Games. I do not want to go back there. Knowing that there is someone that isn't involved n the wasteland and is willing to give me what I want, even if temporarily, is too much for me to pass up.

It would be so much easier if Pogo would just move on. It would make accepting my situation so much easier.

I have had people tell me that you attract what you put out into the universe but what if that's all baloney? What if it's all luck and circumstance?
I know. My short stint made me not want to go back if my bf and I don't work out 😅 There are some truly disgusting men sprinkled amongst the decent ones.

Are you willing to move or date men who live outside of the city? If I remember right, you were in a metro area. I found the country boys were way more gentlemanly than the city men.

Just today, I saw some pretty hot dudes in the pharmacy! Mind you, I like beefy, slightly scruffy men, so ymmv.

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
I know. My short stint made me not want to go back if my bf and I don't work out 😅 There are some truly disgusting men sprinkled amongst the decent ones.

Are you willing to move or date men who live outside of the city? If I remember right, you were in a metro area. I found the country boys were way more gentlemanly than the city men.

Just today, I saw some pretty hot dudes in the pharmacy! Mind you, I like beefy, slightly scruffy men, so ymmv.
I can't move until my son finishes high school which will be in 2024, but as soon as he's done I'm either selling or leasing my house and booking it out of here. I can work from anywhere in the world but am looking to move to either Colorado, South Carolina, or Florida. I need a change of scenery and all of those places offer that.

No telling what the future holds. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts

"hides behind sofa"

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I can't move until my son finishes high school which will be in 2024, but as soon as he's done I'm either selling or leasing my house and booking it out of here. I can work from anywhere in the world but am looking to move to either Colorado, South Carolina, or Florida. I need a change of scenery and all of those places offer that.

No telling what the future holds. Wish me luck.
Cool! That might probably open up a whole wonderful world of beefcake 😆

·
Premium Member
15,126 Posts
Every single person is flawed, so every single person settles for a flawed 'other'.

There's no escape from this truth.
Yet we always say not to settle. So much for that I guess.

It might be because your expectations are unrealistic?

You say you're looking for a perfect unicorn that embodies all the virtues in your mind? This person doesn't exist, so it seems like you're setting yourself up for perpetual frustration.
Nah, I won't, just saying.

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Lol. He can be a good man and still be imperfect. Our issues are unsolvable core incompatiblies.
So what is it that he wants you to change about yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I am going to disagree with you here

I'm big into flowers. While I also like Lilies (particularly Oriental Lilies...although they can cause migraines in some) oh and Peonies are divine, I think it's a nice bunch. Appropriate even. Carnations are underrated. What I would interpret from those flowers (gosh, I hope you don't mind @Elizabeth001) is that of simple acknowledgement. If it was a more 'grand' bouquet it would be over the top. If they were roses (red), they'd indicate serious romantic interest. It sounds like she was buzzed and a moment happened. He may well get that she's not into him beyond that. And recognize that as they live next door/close to one another, that they're going to see each other I'm guessing fairly frequently in daily life. He didn't need to provide any gesture. Therefore, my interpretation is that he's acknowledging her and a display that it's all good. Not writing anything on the card would also demonstrate (to me, at least) that he's not leading with other expectations. There you have it. My analysis. The flowers receive my approval. :LOL:
Well done! I felt the same. He explained most of the flowers to me. He is very artsy, if even as a layman. I just love the arrangement. Carnations last forever and so do the little lilies. Holly berries for the season. The overall color represents so much of me and what I love. One of the reasons it made me smile so much. The topper was the vase…it looks like a mason jar. I love the simplicity of that.

And yes @Blondilocks …he is not a man of means. Our neighborhood is like that…just like me. And we are all ok with that. Actually, more than ok with that.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Well done! I felt the same. He explained most of the flowers to me. He is very artsy, if even as a layman. I just love the arrangement. Carnations last forever and so do the little lilies. Holly berries for the season. The overall color represents so much of me and what I love. One of the reasons it made me smile so much. The topper was the vase…it looks like a mason jar. I love the simplicity of that.

And yes @Blondilocks …he is not a man of means. Our neighborhood is like that…just like me. And we are all ok with that. Actually, more than ok with that.

Naww I was going to say bonus points if it came with the vase/jar... as I also like that it looks like a mason jar. I wondered if it came with or if you already owned it. I love your expression of what they mean to you; how they make you smile. That's a beautiful thing, right there.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
Of course, I was delighted when my STBX grabbed a bunch of wildflowers on his way home from work early in our relationship -- think of that! He stopped on the shoulder of the highway just to grab a bunch of beautiful flowers FOR ME...!!!!!!!
I do this fairly often. If I am outside and see nice flowers (not in someone’s yard) sometimes I will grab some and bring them back. My wife always seems to like them.

She also likes expensive ones and since our cat doesn’t seem interested in them she now has a ridiculous collection of vases because she never throws them out.

1341 - 1360 of 1363 Posts