Talk About Marriage banner

461 - 473 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
They passed :D- they weren't on drugs or drunk, the house was clean and Dad was employed.
Annddddd… how old were you / OR what year was this? I bet you made a smashing impression on them. Good thing they passed your criteria 🥰

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Annddddd… how old were you / OR what year was this? I bet you made a smashing impression on them. Good thing they passed your criteria 🥰
It was November,1967 and I had just turned 17. The criteria was my Mom's - she was rather strict and protective. Now, it's your turn - just where do you live?:p

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
They passed :D- they weren't on drugs or drunk, the house was clean and Dad was employed.
The first time I met my wife’s parents I was kinda nervous as I had never stayed in a relationship long enough to meet the parents before.
When I was introduced to her Dad I thought he looked familiar.
He was.
He worked for me!

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
It was November,1967 and I had just turned 17. The criteria was my Mom's - she was rather strict and protective. Now, it's your turn - just where do you live?:p
…in the bat-cave, in your imagination, in-between these lines? 😲 😉

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
The first time I met my wife’s parents I was kinda nervous as I had never stayed in a relationship long enough to meet the parents before.
When I was introduced to her Dad I thought he looked familiar.
He was.
He worked for me!
Bwahahah

Reactions: joannacroc

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Batman met my mother when he dropped me home after our first date. He met my father a few months in, I think, and Batman accidentally spilled orange juice on my father’s shirt. I still laugh about it to this day. Heck, I’m laughing now..! My father has a large ‘presence’ while being a man of few words, so basically he didn’t try to reassure Ole Bats about the OJ that accidentally made its way to his shirt. 😆. Ya probably had to be there. I likely didn’t help with busting out laughing. Classic moment.

I was quite awkward and nervous meeting his mother the first time; particularly as the conversation seemed to gravitate to the inhumane things the Brits had done to her ancestors.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
By the way, thank you for sharing this 😍 and can I push the friendship slightly and ask what year you got married?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
When I met my ex's parents we had been dating a month or two. By the time my ex got back from our first date her parents knew a lot more about me than she did because of the church spy network. Good friends of her parents had grown up as neighbors to my parents and so my background check was both easy and thorough. Her parents liked me more that she did after the first date. A lot more.

When I went to go eat the meal at her place, her mom had made pork chops. At least I think they were. Medium sized discs of charred meat. I tried one bite but couldn't handle the charcoal so I turned the meat up on its side and shaved off the burnt layer on the top and bottom to get to the tough and dry edible inner core. Her dad thought it was hilarious. Her mom less so.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Only if you tell me on which continent you reside. I'm easy; but, I'm not cheap.
LOL!!

I’ll share that I do indeed have an accent. 😛. …If I can’t message you, then I can neither confirm or deny the bat-cave location. You’re a savvy lady though.

Reactions: Blondilocks

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
When I met my ex's parents we had been dating a month or two. By the time my ex got back from our first date her parents knew a lot more about me than she did because of the church spy network. Good friends of her parents had grown up as neighbors to my parents and so my background check was both easy and thorough. Her parents liked me more that she did after the first date. A lot more.

When I went to go eat the meal at her place, her mom had made pork chops. At least I think they were. Medium sized discs of charred meat. I tried one bite but couldn't handle the charcoal so I turned the meat up on its side and shaved off the burnt layer on the top and bottom to get to the tough and dry edible inner core. Her dad thought it was hilarious. Her mom less so.
The pork chops / meal is hilarious!

After a short while dating, Bats told my mother she sounded like Pauline off East Enders 🤣. She was so offended..! He didn’t mean to offend her, and in reality she doesn’t, but I took an intake of breath as a gasp and then bust out laughing.

·
Super Moderator
5,718 Posts
I have said this before but men don't want to date me but they sure love being my friend. WTF?? It's because I have hot friends 🤣

461 - 473 of 473 Posts