Talk About Marriage banner

421 - 440 of 473 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Me: We're over an hour apart. If we tried to have a relationship, it probably wouldn't work out.
What type of woman are you looking for? Do you want someone aggressive? Someone who leads?

Just being honest (and not meant to be unkind), I can't picture a healthy person continuing to talk to you after you say something like this.

Why bother talking to someone who's an hour away if this is your thinking? Are you just passing the time?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Chick, don't be discouraged. You know what you want, that's half the battle. It's up to you to stick to your guns and be ruthless in eliminating men who don't match you, regardless of their reasons.

You don't need to be an ass about it, but just like men don't owe women a relationship, women don't owe men sex. It's simply a matter of running through the bros until you find that one man who wants similar things who does it for you mentally, physically and emotionally.

Don't waste time on wishy-washy half-assers, gamer-players or duds. Yes, there's lots of dross out there, but how else can you appreciate your golden nugget when you find him? And you will if you keep putting yourself out there.
Hey TXTrini

I disappeared for a while . I was discouraged , and thanks for lifting me up again . It helps .

Anyway I did put myself out there like you say and just screen off those who are after quick sex or let them screen me off when I made myself clear .

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
What type of woman are you looking for? Do you want someone aggressive? Someone who leads?

Just being honest (and not meant to be unkind), I can't picture a healthy person continuing to talk to you after you say something like this.

Why bother talking to someone who's an hour away if this is your thinking? Are you just passing the time?
We both like each other's personality but we're not blind to the potential problems.

We're both kind of trying to decide if we are just passing time or if we want to pursue it further.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hi , advice please . I have been talking to a man for a month online now . We connected and he wanted to meet . He has been separated for 3 years and he said divorce will happen . Anyway we are meeting as a friend and I made known that I will not be in any sexual relationship with a separated man .

Anyway he wanted to meet in his place for coffee . I suggested a picnic and perhaps that is a bad suggestion as it could involve too much time in case things doesnt turn out well . He said coffee first . At his place as there is covid lockdown and we cant drink in public places .

Is it safe ?

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
We both like each other's personality but we're not blind to the potential problems.

We're both kind of trying to decide if we are just passing time or if we want to pursue it further.
It's a good thing you don't live in Southern CA. It can take many people an hour to get to work. An hour to travel to see a love interest? A piece of cake.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey TXTrini

I disappeared for a while . I was discouraged , and thanks for lifting me up again . It helps .

Anyway I did put myself out there like you say and just screen off those who are after quick sex or let them screen me off when I made myself clear .
Hey there! Great to see you venturing out again! That's what we're here for hon, to encourage, embolden, uplift. If it weren't for the folks here on TAM, I might be a sorry mess of a person waiting for life to happen.

Be safe with this new guy! Please meet up in the park and pay good attention to your instincts.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Oh lord. What is so wrong with sex between consenting adults. I’ll never understand it. He may want sex so let’s cancel and send him to the leper colony :rolleyes:
Or, he may want to cut off her head and wear it as a hat like Garland Greene.

If she is going to make house calls delivering bootay to lonely strangers, she can at least charge for it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Or, he may want to cut off her head and wear it as a hat like Garland Greene.

If she is going to make house calls delivering bootay to lonely strangers, she can at least charge for it.
So because he suggested to meet at his place he wanted a booty call or he wanted her head in his freezer? Nonsense I say.

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Trying to think of when my wife first went to my apartment, thinking maybe second date. She was impressed that my apartment was clean to military standards but not impressed with the contents of my fridge (a few Budweiser bottles and French’s mustard). No head chopping or freezer for her. I did want to have sex with her but I think it was probably another couple weeks.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 · (Edited)
Trying to think of when my wife first went to my apartment, thinking maybe second date. She was impressed that my apartment was clean to military standards but not impressed with the contents of my fridge (a few Budweiser bottles and French’s mustard). No head chopping or freezer for her. I did want to have sex with her but I think it was probably another couple weeks.
I like to explain it for men like THIS...would you get into an enclosed space with a gorilla, if he seemed nice and friendly, but you didn't know if he was tame or not? And if there was no one else around?

Would you consider that prudent in regards to your own safety??

Edited to add @RebuildingMe because I wonder what HIS response will be...

421 - 440 of 473 Posts