Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you getting IC? I found that really helpful to transition. It took some getting used to thinking of "I" and not "we".
Not lately...I've been in counseling over the years (being an anorexic teenager), and while it's great for uncovering issues, I've never found much help with resolving them. I've always done better on my own by just being honest with myself and being brave and facing what I need to do.

I journal alot when I need to, being a very emotionally intense person, and that's been a HUGE help!!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Not lately...I've been in counseling over the years (being an anorexic teenager), and while it's great for uncovering issues, I've never found much help with resolving them. I've always done better on my own by just being honest with myself and being brave and facing what I need to do.

I journal alot when I need to, being a very emotionally intense person, and that's been a HUGE help!!!
The culture I come from still looks down on therapy, they're only now promoting mental health concerns. So, I grew up thinking it was a matter of mind over matter and sucked things up when they got hard. I learned to be self-contained to avoid being hurt, from a very young age. Like you, I'm a very emotionally intense person, but I've never been comfortable with that. I'm private to a point where I feel too exposed to journal :ROFLMAO:

My therapist called me on things I didn't catch about myself, like my tendency to laugh off traumatic things. As someone who scoffed at the idea of therapy, and a fellow DIYer, I can't recommend it enough, just to give you an impartial perspective on who you think you are.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
So today was worthy of some whining.

When my alarm went off this morning, I noticed that my foot sore. (I keep my alarm in the master bathroom so I can't just turn it off from bed) I figured that since I've run an average of 5 miles a day that I had rubbed a sore spot on the back of the heel or maybe some dryness had come back. Not only was it dry and cracked but it was bleeding. Awesome. Cleaning that up, getting ready for work, etc put me a bit behind when I usually leave but not too bad.

On the way to work there was a sign on the interstate saying that there was road work for 2 miles. I thought "well, they don't have a detour up and its only 2 miles, its probably not that bad so I'll just stay on the interstate". I was stuck there for an hour.

So I get to work about an hour and a half later than I should have and I am already done with the day. I walk in thinking about leaving early to avoid the traffic and whatever other problems are lurking for me. The first thing that pops up in Messenger as soon as I log in is something from one of my bosses saying the activity that hadn't been approved mid-week now was and I was going to have to stay later than normal to do it. It was only half an hour or 45 minutes later than normal but probably a couple hours more than I had planned on when I was walking in.

sigh At least work was only 'meh'. There were fires to put out so I didn't get to work on any of the long running tasks I have in the office but that's more or less par for the course.

I had a bunch of chores planned for the kid free weekend but I'm worried the luck will carry over and I should just read a book or something.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

When my alarm went off this morning, I noticed that my foot sore. (I keep my alarm in the master bathroom so I can't just turn it off from bed) I figured that since I've run an average of 5 miles a day that I had rubbed a sore spot on the back of the heel or maybe some dryness had come back. Not only was it dry and cracked but it was bleeding. Awesome. Cleaning that up, getting ready for work, etc put me a bit behind when I usually leave but not too bad.

On the way to work there was a sign on the interstate saying that there was road work for 2 miles. I thought "well, they don't have a detour up and its only 2 miles, its probably not that bad so I'll just stay on the interstate". I was stuck there for an hour.

So I get to work about an hour and a half later than I should have and I am already done with the day. I walk in thinking about leaving early to avoid the traffic and whatever other problems are lurking for me. The first thing that pops up in Messenger as soon as I log in is something from one of my bosses saying the activity that hadn't been approved mid-week now was and I was going to have to stay later than normal to do it. It was only half an hour or 45 minutes later than normal but probably a couple hours more than I had planned on when I was walking in.

sigh At least work was only 'meh'. There were fires to put out so I didn't get to work on any of the long running tasks I have in the office but that's more or less par for the course.

I had a bunch of chores planned for the kid free weekend but I'm worried the luck will carry over and I should just read a book or something.
Ouch! Get some lanolin if you're not allergic and slather it on, then put on some socks. That happened to me and lanolin works SO well if you can stand the smell. Add some essential oil or something to cut it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

Whining is so unattractive to a new partner...jus’ sayin’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 350 Posts