Talk About Marriage banner

1941 - 1954 of 1954 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
We video chatted, can't see each other since he has the virus. We told each other that when we first met that we each dated other people. I told him at some point I could not see others and he said he did the same. He said that I decided where to continue commit my time and that if his company was not worth my time he would no longer be a priority to me. He assured me, his word, that he feels the very same. I told him I spilled alot on him and he said he was fine. He did ask me not to call him a playboy as that suggests that he is manipulative and he is not trying to manipulate anyone. He had me laughing by the end of the conversation. He sent me a text with a tiger picture as he knows I refer to him as my tiger. I then went out to dinner by myself to celebrate my birthday. Still feeling really strange about it all.
But did he say that he's changed his mind and now wants a LTR like you do...? Or have YOU changed your mind and decided you are ok with a FWB relationship with him only...?

I think you are feeling strange about it because he was being vague and you were grasping for reassurance in anything he said. If you were honest with yourself about what he said he wants, you would have to accept that you do not want the same things, and I think you are resisting that because of your feelings for him. But that's a MISTAKE. And you are going to end up hurting yourself more down the line when he doesn't change his views of relationships for you.

You are going to have to trump your strong feelings for him with common sense and reality -- and if anyone has a way to do that, I'd love to hear it!! Lol!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I want to catch up on the latest but need to go bed but want to share my news! I’ve met someone. I knew the second he walked in the door. He’s a perfect combo of chivalrous/respectful/sweet but sexy/fun/lusty too. He totally rings my bell lol! He actually looked tons better in person than he did in his pics, such a nice change from previous dates.

Everything is closed so we met at Meijer tonight to get groceries together for our first date and wound up sitting in the lawn and garden department talking forever and sparks were just flying! Holy cow we made out right there lol! That was the first time I’ve kissed on a first date, no regrets!

Now I’m not going to be able to sleep, it’s going to be a long night lol!
I had to go back and find this post and read how excited I was lol! Nine months down and he still kisses me all the time in stores! Smooching through our masks lol! I've had more kisses in the last nine months than I had the entire 25 years I was married. This man is so damn sweet and definitely still ringing my bell ! Always asking if he can keep me and I promise him he can...for the weekend lol! Gotta be a tease and keep things lively ya know? I like those spankings lol ! :ROFLMAO:

I'm so glad he logged onto POF when he did and I'm doubly glad I didn't have my account set to hidden like I always would do. Lucky I am.

·
Super Moderator
8,487 Posts
I had to go back and find this post and read how excited I was lol! Nine months down and he still kisses me all the time in stores! Smooching through our masks lol! I've had more kisses in the last nine months than I had the entire 25 years I was married. This man is so damn sweet and definitely still ringing my bell ! Always asking if he can keep me and I promise him he can...for the weekend lol! Gotta be a tease and keep things lively ya know? I like those spankings lol ! :ROFLMAO:

I'm so glad he logged onto POF when he did and I'm doubly glad I didn't have my account set to hidden like I always would do. Lucky I am.
Isn't it crazy how that works?

I decided on a whim to show up at a bike club ride and ran into my guy the first time I went.

That was 2 1/2 years ago. He told me that the day we met he rode with a group he didn't usually go with and it turned out to be the one I joined.

It's been closer to 2 years that we've been dating because even though my marriage was coming to an end it hadn't yet and I didn't want to start until the marriage was resolved.

My father used to say that 80 percent of life is timing.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Isn't it crazy how that works?

I decided on a whim to show up at a bike club ride and ran into my guy the first time I went.

That was 2 1/2 years ago. He told me that the day we met he rode with a group he didn't usually go with and it turned out to be the one I joined.

It's been closer to 2 years that we've been dating because even though my marriage was coming to an end it hadn't yet and I didn't want to start until the marriage was resolved.

My father used to say that 80 percent of life is timing.
So true in our case. Less than a week after he first contacted me we went on lockdown. I was off work for four months with nothing but time on my hands and he just happens to have a job that allows him to be on the phone whenever he wants.

We literally talked for hours and hours everyday while he worked and I was completely free to go see him whenever he was available. Lockdown was perfect for us.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
But did he say that he's changed his mind and now wants a LTR like you do...? Or have YOU changed your mind and decided you are ok with a FWB relationship with him only...?

I think you are feeling strange about it because he was being vague and you were grasping for reassurance in anything he said. If you were honest with yourself about what he said he wants, you would have to accept that you do not want the same things, and I think you are resisting that because of your feelings for him. But that's a MISTAKE. And you are going to end up hurting yourself more down the line when he doesn't change his views of relationships for you.

You are going to have to trump your strong feelings for him with common sense and reality -- and if anyone has a way to do that, I'd love to hear it!! Lol!
I do not want a FWB relationship which I have already told him. I also do not want to be a place holder and I am not just looking for a hook-up when I want sex. I was very clear on what I wanted and he was clear too, that he is not going to become exclusive naturally so that leave me no choice but to move on. He has not contacted me since and I will not contact him. I tried to call the travel agency to see if I can get a refund of the money I paid in for our trip which was planned for next month. Did not reach anyone but I will try again. I also have reopened one of my accounts for singles. I spoke with my counselor who suggested I move on. She feels he does not know how to have a relationship with a woman which very well may be. That is where I am at.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Are we making a 2021 thread?

In other news, after almost a year and a half, I finally got a trial date for my divorce. Nothing has been agreed to, after 13 mediations, 40k in the hole, I am happy to get a date. Everything is on the table. Custody, visitation, child support and financials including two homes and pensions.

Today is also seven months with the new girl. I am lucky to have her in my life and thanked her today for being so supportive throughout this ordeal.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wow. 😳

I can’t imagine going through this. I’m so sorry.
Thank you. This experience has changed my life, physically, mentally and my entire outlook on relationships. Seriously though, believe it or not, most of my changes were and continue to be positive ones. I’ll get through this. It’s becoming real for her now. Her lawyer is blowing my lawyer’s phone to settle and I told my lawyer to ignore. Judge proposed a settlement yesterday. I told my lawyer to decline and obtain a trial date. The ‘settlement ship’ has sailed. I’m mentally prepared for trial. We are looking at a 3-5 day trial and another 40k. She will break long before I ever will. She should have acted sanely during the first couple of mediations and we would have been done. Now, it’s up to a judge to decide if her extremely poor behavior is enough for her to possibly lose her kids, child support and the house.

1941 - 1954 of 1954 Posts