Talk About Marriage banner

1581 - 1600 of 1695 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
So random question about OLD profiles, would you include a bikini / one piece photo? I have recent pics showing me fishing at the lake but I'm in a bikini. I enjoy fishing but am wondering if it's a bad idea to include?
Personally I never included revealing pics, except for a little cleavage on my profile. I had up-to-date full body shots in figure hugging outfits. I think it depends on how comfortable you are having your body on display and with the attention that comes with it. Some men I talked to commented that some women had revealing pics, but then didn't like being "objectified" if they complimented their figure and it was a huge turnoff.

·
Registered
727 Posts
So random question about OLD profiles, would you include a bikini / one piece photo? I have recent pics showing me fishing at the lake but I'm in a bikini. I enjoy fishing but am wondering if it's a bad idea to include?
I agree with Texas on this one. It’s okay to include, but depending on how you look in it and how ‘revealing’ it is, expect more of a ‘weeding out’ process. There are creeps on OLD. You have already mentioned you dread the process, so for you, it may be best you don’t post that photo.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was thinking more about this latest topic and wanted to add that even the physical attraction aspect is unpredictable. If I had run across Tank in a bar/club/restaurant before I knew him I would have kept moving, probably wouldn't have even taken a second glance based on general looks. But man, this average looking man, the way he moves and the self confidence that oozes from him changes everything. Dude is hot lol!

I actually had some trouble with this part in the beginning. He wasn't quite what I was looking for looks wise. But he had this certain something about him that created a fantastic physical chemistry between us, we were on fire from the get go. I was so confused by this lol! My last BF was very physically hot but he didn't have this magnetism that Tank's got and I'd now choose that over physical beauty. It's a much bigger turn on.
I'm attracted to quite a variety of men, either I'm attracted or not. It's more about mental connection, rapport, heat. How a man carries himself tells me a lot about him, physical looks is not enough to hold my attention. I ogled the hotties up and down when I was OLD but passed. Looks matter, but it's not all that matters. I can't respect a man I can control or trample, but I also want openness and vulnerability. It's a hard balance to find.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Question for you single ladies: assume you are sexually on the more inexperienced side. You’re middle aged and have not tried certain things for whatever reasons. You meet someone who has done those things. Let’s just say anal or bondage or public sex for argument sake. You tell your new partner that you’ve never done it even though you’ve been sexually active with multiple partners in your life. Two questions:

1) how open would you be to exploring if you were comfortable with the guy?

2) if you were open, would it be to just satisfy your partner or would you explore for your own curiosity?

Edited to say that the reason I ask is because I am living it current gf. While I appreciate her openness, I’d prefer she doesn’t change just for me. I don’t want that weight on my shoulders nor have I asked her to. Yes, before anyone asks, I do plan on talking to her about it because we can talk about anything. I was just looking for insight going into that conversation.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm attracted to quite a variety of men, either I'm attracted or not. It's more about mental connection, rapport, heat. How a man carries himself tells me a lot about him, physical looks is not enough to hold my attention. I ogled the hotties up and down when I was OLD but passed. Looks matter, but it's not all that matters. I can't respect a man I can control or trample, but I also want openness and vulnerability. It's a hard balance to find.
For me its different, I am physically attracted to a certain type.of woman. Which lowers the chances of making a potential match based on mental, emotional, etc. compatibilty that much lower

·
Registered
727 Posts
For me its different, I am physically attracted to a certain type.of woman. Which lowers the chances of making a potential match based on mental, emotional, etc. compatibilty that much lower
I think it’s that way for most of us men. Let’s face it, pictures come first, profile second. If I’m physically attracted, most likely she will get a message. It will be then the weeding out process will begin. If she’s hot, I’d probably want to meet and weed out in person. Just being honest.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I think it’s that way for most of us men. Let’s face it, pictures come first, profile second. If I’m physically attracted, most likely she will get a message. It will be then the weeding out process will begin. If she’s hot, I’d probably want to meet and weed out in person. Just being honest.
I've never done OLD so I can't really comment on how it would work for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Question for you single ladies: assume you are sexually on the more inexperienced side. You’re middle aged and have not tried certain things for whatever reasons. You meet someone who has done those things. Let’s just say anal or bondage or public sex for argument sake. You tell your new partner that you’ve never done it even though you’ve been sexually active with multiple partners in your life. Two questions:

2) if you were open, would it be to just satisfy your partner or would you explore for your own curiosity?
I'll bite, I fit your criteria, except for the single part. Funnily enough, that's what I meant in my earlier post when I said what we wanted from each other was not typical.
1. Very open
2. Both

Personally, that's what I was looking for blended with a very intimate relationship. There needs to be a greater level of trust and real love on both sides for me to want to explore past a certain point.

If you are truly interested in those things, consider where you are right now and how serious you want to get. If you're just want some thrills, make sure and be clear about that, just in case she's secretly wanting something more deeply intimate than you are prepared to give.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oh, I have certain things I like physically, don't get me wrong, but what is like is pretty basic. I don't like bald men, skinny men or effeminate looking men, everything else is negotiable. I'm not going to even talk to a man I don't find attractive. That sounds bad, but when I talked to men bc they sent really nice intros, to let them down gently, they got nasty.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Oh, I have certain things I like physically, don't get me wrong, but what is like is pretty basic. I don't like bald men, skinny men or effeminate looking men, everything else is negotiable. I'm not going to even talk to a man I don't find attractive. That sounds bad, but when I talked to men bc they sent really nice intros, to let them down gently, they got nasty.
Makes me glad I never did OLD! People can get nasty when rejected

·
Super Moderator
5,434 Posts
I agree with Texas on this one. It’s okay to include, but depending on how you look in it and how ‘revealing’ it is, expect more of a ‘weeding out’ process. There are creeps on OLD. You have already mentioned you dread the process, so for you, it may be best you don’t post that photo.

I taking your advice and skipping the lake pics. I'm wearing a huge straw hat in all of them. Face is hard to see.

I hate using pics older than 6 months but I don't have many since February.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Makes me glad I never did OLD! People can get nasty when rejected
I give as good as I get, that didn't intimidate me in the least . I don't owe anyone access to my body, so they could stick it as far as I was concerned. I replied in kind (if I even bothered), blocked, and moved on.

I taking your advice and skipping the lake pics. I'm wearing a huge straw hat in all of them. Face is hard to see.

I hate using pics older than 6 months but I don't have many since February.
You could always send it one on one when you are communicating with potential dates. I might have been provocative with my bf 😆, but I knew I wanted him before we went out.

My full body pic was taken in front of a full length mirror in a store dressing room, it ain't fancy. I hate taking pics and am not a selfie person. You don't need many pics, I think I just had 4 or 5 max. You can send more one on one if you find someone mutually interested.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Edited to say that the reason I ask is because I am living it current gf. While I appreciate her openness, I’d prefer she doesn’t change just for me. I don’t want that weight on my shoulders nor have I asked her to. Yes, before anyone asks, I do plan on talking to her about it because we can talk about anything. I was just looking for insight going into that conversation.
Tell her straight out you don't want a D/s relationship (until you decide you want that responsibility anyway), but you would like to spice things up. It's not like things are set in stone or everything has to happen at once immediately. If it does, I want details :D

·
Super Moderator
5,434 Posts
You could always send it one on one when you are communicating with potential dates. I might have been provocative with my bf 😆, but I knew I wanted him before we went out.

My full body pic was taken in front of a full length mirror in a store dressing room, it ain't fancy. I hate taking pics and am not a selfie person. You don't need many pics, I think I just had 4 or 5 max. You can send more one on one if you find someone mutually interested.
I might get my son to take some pics of me going about my normal day. Working on computer, washing dishes, mowing lawn, sleeping, lol.

In all seriousness, after learning my lesson after my first stint on Match, I do not move the conversation off the site until after we've met face to face and agreed we're mutually attracted. No need to keep sending pics because I usually push to meet within a couple of days after initially matching.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I am not asking this to be disrespectful in any way but.....For the people who are using OLD. is meeting people in everyday situations that rare where you are from?

·
Super Moderator
5,434 Posts

Personally, I'm not going to do anything sexually that I'm not interested in doing, regardless how much my partner wants to try it. At this age, I'd rather find a mutually sexually compatible partner than one where I have to placate or be placated. I'm willing to placate in other areas but not with sex.

I do think it's the responsibility of the more experienced partner to figure out their less experienced partner's boundaries and how comfortable they are with experimenting. A big part of that conversation is knowing they can change their mind at any point and it won't be held against them.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts

Honestly, if she's middle aged and had a few partners and not done these things, it's probably because she doesn't want to. Typically, it's young women who try things to find out if they like them. They hear all about it and try it to see if they like it, but then a lot of things actually aren't pleasurable for women, different women, different things, so they stop or slow down doing them or save them for a special occasion for the man. I mean, if the woman had been married to the same guy for decades or something and truly hadn't had much sexual experience outside of marriage, that might be different and she might be wanting to explore what she didn't before marriage.

Also, keep in mind a woman who doesn't want to be tied up might be willing to tie YOU up. A woman who doesn't want you to do anal on her might be okay doing it on you, or might be okay with just a finger.

·
Super Moderator
5,434 Posts
I am not asking this to be disrespectful in any way but.....For the people who are using OLD. is meeting people in everyday situations that rare where you are from?
I think in general, it gets harder to meet people the older we get. Meeting the traditional way is harder than online dating but not impossible under normal circumstances. Covid has made it almost impossible.

Where I live, bars and entertainment venues are shut down. We have a limit on the number of people that can gather which means outdoor music festivals and summer gatherings have been cancelled. Most places require people to wear masks and/or social distance. Kind of hard to meet people that way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I might get my son to take some pics of me going about my normal day. Working on computer, washing dishes, mowing lawn, sleeping, lol.

In all seriousness, after learning my lesson after my first stint on Match, I do not move the conversation off the site until after we've met face to face and agreed we're mutually attracted. No need to keep sending pics because I usually push to meet within a couple of days after initially matching.
You don't want to be too mundane, just remember you're looking for a bf, not a buddy. Bring on the sex appeal, without being a bimbo. You want your milkshake to bring da boyz to your yard girl! :D. I personally wouldn't ask my kid (if I had one) to take sexy pics of me., that's just a bit TOO pervy for me, and that's saying a lot :p. Mind you, I'm not talking about trotting out the goodies, sexy is a state of mind.

I'm a homebody, a man had best be worth my time and effort to doll up and head out, so I preferred to make sure of that. I spoke to 2-3 men at a time. Depending on how the conversation went, I had a pretty good idea if I would be attracted or not, then met up. Not too long though, maybe 1-2 weeks, depending on the man.

My bf was very shy and felt uncomfortable meeting up under a few weeks, but he stepped it up when I told him someone else asked me out and I was going, even though I would have preferred if it were him.

1581 - 1600 of 1695 Posts